Most Terrifying Moment of My Life Happened Last Night

**WARNING: THIS BLOG IS ABOUT MY PREGNANCY AND SOME OF THE DETAILS MAY BE A LITTLE GROSS FOR SOME PEOPLE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.**

Yesterday morning I woke up with some increased moisture that soaked into my pants while I slept, I didn't think too much of it because some of that is normal within the first trimester from what the book my doctor had given me said. I just went back to sleep at that point. Fast forward a few hours and I realized something felt off. Now let me preface this by saying that when you're pregnant, your whole body feels different, and somehow you just know. I don't know how I knew I was pregnant a week before I actually went and got a test, but I did. So did my husband. When I woke up a few hours later I didn't have the same sensation of being pregnant, it felt like my baby wasn't there anymore. I panicked, tried to relax and play it off for an hour or so but then I couldn't. I messaged my husband and waited for a response (he was at work) but when I didn't get one, I messaged my mom. My mom responded within the next minutes and called me. I explained to her that I'd been having a lot of burning, some pain that differed from the normal pain (which was basically period cramps without the period from my uterus stretching), excess moisture/discharge I mentioned earlier, and the feeling of absence within my body. My mom didn't want to take a chance so we rushed to the hospital as quickly as we could.

I was checked in and immediately taken to a room. They tested my blood, got a urine sample, I was hooked up to a oxygen machine around my finger, and had a blood pressure cuff on at all times. I ended up getting a pelvic exam and when the doctor was doing on they found my cervix was open and I was discharging amniotic fluid. At this point, there was two reasons I could be like this: 1) I was in the process of miscarrying or 2) My cervix was just open for some unknown reason.

The doctors then told me they would wait for my tests to come back. At this point I am fully prepared for a miscarriage and my husband is at the hospital with me now. There's a million different thoughts running through my head at this time, but I am oddly at peace with the idea of losing my baby (probably from shock) and I don't know how to react. I could see both my mom and my husband are completely broken up but trying to hide it but I could see it.

It was probably another hour or two before the finally came back to do an ultrasound and told me the first piece of good news all night: my HCG levels were high. HCG is what essentially keeps your body pregnant, without it you would lose the fetus. If I wasn't producing the hormone as I should then my baby would have died, but I WAS producing it, and at the rate I should be. They were going to do a inter-vaginal ultrasound, which won't lie scared the shit out of me, but technically difficulties made it where they had to do an external ultrasound. After 3.5hrs I got to see my baby (which was really only a bean at the moment) and heard it's tiny heartbeat beating at 160BPM.

They diagnosed me with a Threatened Miscarriage, which is where my body was acting as if it would miscarry but it wasn't. I was also diagnosed with a small UTI and given medicine for it as well as a shot to make sure I would be okay. After a full 4hrs in the emergency room I was able to finally go home as 9:30pm. I was tired and I was starving after nearly fainting twice from blood and shot at the end. I have been put on bedrest by my mom and husband, as well as having to see the OB more frequently to ensure that my hormone levels do not drop at anytime. As long as they do not I will be fine and the baby will be fine.
February 11th, 2017 at 09:51pm