Labor at 33 Weeks

So yesterday was pretty exciting in a way. I started off by taking my prenatal on an empty stomach (never do that). I figured I would be fine since we were on our way to get food anyway so I just drank like two bottles of water to wash it down. Well, I was not good, I ended up puking all over the car and even tinkled a little. I was on my way to work and yes, I went in right after.

So at work, I ate a little because the vomiting had caused me to have contractions which at 33 weeks is normal so I wasn't too concerned. After an hour though, the contractions were getting painful coming from my back and reaching forward and I could feel my son pushing down. Still, because I knew that there was no way he'd come today, I continued to work for another two hours until finally my coworkers demanded I call and check with my doctor who told me to go straight to the hospital.

According to them, I should have gone after they didn't stop the first hour because by the time I got there I was contracting every fig minutes. I had to get medicine to stop labor because not only was it too soon but my cervix isn't even opened or softened yet so baby was ready but my body wasn't.

I feel so strong as a young woman because I went through this alone. My boyfriend could only drop me off because he had our daughter and all of my family is in another state. So for me, this was kind of an accomplishment for my adulthood. I'm just glad I didn't have the baby today, I haven't really bought anything other than clothes but I think now that he's tried to get out once, I'll go ahead and quit procrastinating and buy his diapers and car seat lol.
February 12th, 2017 at 01:15pm