Lina's Limited Experience on Tinder

Hell, everyone!

So about two days ago, I installed Tinder on my phone.

There's really no reason behind it besides the fact that I wanna see what's the hype around it. I'm no stranger to making connections online. I used to regularly visit local chatrooms when I was younger and I participated in a lot of online forums and I've made a lot of friends online, some of them from mibba. However, this is the first time I'm using a dating app.

In the past couple of days, these are some of the things that I'd discovered:

1. I swipe left more than I swipe right
Okay, this can be due to the fact that I'm very anal about only swiping right to those who actually have something written in their info box. I mean, if someone can't even be bothered to spend a few minutes to introduce themselves, then I don't know. I just can't even be bothered. That also probably means they don't even take the time to look at my info and only swipe right either because I'm a female or because they swipe right on everything.

2. Apparently guys in gyms is a turn off for me
Well, not to say that I'm not into guys that are fit. I mean, I'm not going to body shame anyone. But when I look at someone's profile and go through their pictures and they have the customary in-front-of-the-gym-mirror-flexing-muscles pose, more often than not, I will swipe left. I feel like they're just looking for excuses to show off. I mean, okay, fine. You have abs. Ace! But it makes me feel way too out of league. And I better swipe left because I know for a fact they won't swipe right at me. *cry laughing*

3. I'm not too into too fashionable guy as well
That being said, I also swipe left to almost (not all but almost) every guy who have the picture of them looking like runaway model on their profile. I'm not hating, I just feel like we won't be compatible anyway because I'm a simple girl. T-shirt and jeans are basically my uniform. I go to work bare-faced with t-shirt and jeans and my worn out flats.

4. I don't tolerate bad spelling
With this app, my spelling-siren mode just goes on full alert all the time! Whenever I read someone's info and they misspell and use 'your' instead of 'you're', I'm swiping left faster than the speed of light itself.

5. I AM VERY ATTRACTED TO GUYS WITH HOBBIES
It's like, when I go through their pictures and I see them doing something like hiking or playing music instuments or anything, the chance of me swiping right is quite high. It will give me something to talk about, you know. Good ice-breaker conversation. I don't like the generic small-talks. It makes me feel very awkward!

In the past two days, I've talked to like two guys? And I have mixed emotions about this whole ordeal.

With the first guy, his picture was quite nice. He had a nice little quote at his info. And we matched then he started the first conversation by saying 'Hi'. So I said 'hi' back. And guess what was his first question to me?

"Why are you on Tinder? Are you looking for a bf or are you currently fighting your bf and looking for some 'scandal'?"

And yup, he did use the word 'scandal'. And that was his first strike but I didn't wanna judge too quick just yet so I kept the conversation for a while longer. Then he asked me where I was from. Which was strike two because it means he didn't even bother to look at my info because I did put where I'm based at. And the third strike is when today he texted me with this sentence "are you notty?" And yes, he spelled 'notty' instead of 'naughty'. And yep, I unmatched him without a second to spare. Thirsty much?

Image

And the second guy is a bit better. I was the one who started the conversation because I kind of liked his info? He wrote "if you like Coldplay, swipe right. If you don't like Coldplay, swipe right too. Maybe we can find something else to talk about."

So I sent him, "Hi! I'm not a fan of Coldplay but I do think their music is cool." And then we started talking about our music preference and he asked about my ability to play guitar referencing to one of my pictures I have on my profile. And so far he's been nice.

So basically I talked to two different kinds of guys on Tinder so I think this app isn't so bad after all. It's not like I'm looking for a full time commitment. I really am just looking for friends because god knows my work has turned me into an anti-social crazy cat lady or something. The only difference is I don't even have a cat. So it just makes me an anti-social crazy lady.

This is actually just an excuse for me to post a blog because I feel like I haven't posted anything in so long.

Until we meet again, meebs!

xxLina
February 16th, 2017 at 02:36pm