Addiction.

I try not to put personal information on here unless I'm super pissed off and need to rant. Like how my mom was convinced my job was going to fire me a couple months ago because of my hours being cut... well two months later I'm still there and have my schedule figured out up until May. My boss is actually working on our May schedule right now. But that's not the point of this blog.

Yesterday morning I log onto facebook and see that a guy I went to school with died. I'm not sure exactly how he died but the general idea is an overdose, sadly. This kid has been battling addiction since our Sophmore year of high school or was it our Freshman year. He actually got expelled because he overdosed in school! I remember that day clearly. I thought something wasn't right with him when I had a morning class with him and later on that day he was founded passed out in a stairway. Both him and the guy that sold him the drugs (a kid in a grade behind us) both got expelled and forced into a rehab.

But since then, he got clean. He moved out to California to get away from everything and from the posts I've seen him put on facebook he was happy and clean. He was sober for awhile. Addiction is a disease that people don't pay enough attention to. He's another person I went to school with since fifth grade that has passed away way too early. Since starting high school we heard of the curse that the students face. Former students of our high school die young. And it's shitty that it's become true.

People that I've known since I was like 11 shouldn't be dying off. No way. It's not the right order of things. Addiction or Suicide shouldn't be what kills us.

Addiction and Suicide are silent killers and we need to pay attention to the signs that way we can get them help before it's too late...
February 20th, 2017 at 05:56pm