Dreamcatcher!

I. Love. Dreamcatchers. If you follow me on facebook you've probably seen a few that I've made. They range from simple to extra. I'm also going to be making a few natural ones whenever I'm done with the huge dreamcatcher that's going to be going in my room.

Making dreamcatchers is a hobby of mine. It started off as something I can do during work study on a Friday. But its more than that now. I've made one for my best friend's daughter and I'm currently making one for her son. It's a nice heartfelt gift, if you ask me; especially when giving them to kids.

And recently I made one that was supposed to go in my room but it doesn't match my paint color so it's now in the living room. It's the size of a hula hoop and it's really pretty and really girly and it lights up.

Image

Pretty huh?

Anyway, the point of this blog is to complain about how my mom micromanages everything I do when it comes to dreamcatchers. She tells me what I should and shouldn't do and then gets pissed off when I dont do what she wants. Let me do the dreamcatchers my way! If I want your advice I'd ask for it. She does this for every little hobby I have. Candles, photography, even writing. And she wonders why I don't want her reading anything I wrote. She tries and controls everything and then wonders why I get sick of it and move onto the next thing. She's turning things I love into something I hate.

She also wants to turn my hobbies into profit. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to do that but she wants to sell these things for an extreme amount of money. Like that dreamcatcher I just posted? In order to get a profit off of that, I'd have to sell it for $50+ dollars and my mom is fine with that. I'm not. It's not worth that much. But whenever I down her idea to sell it, she gets pissed.

Why are all my hobbies never just hobbies?

This blog is all over the place but I'm pissed so there you go. Anyway, I'm going to go work on the dreamcatcher for my bedroom, wish me luck. lol
February 23rd, 2017 at 07:42pm