Work Rant.

I want to know if what I'm about to tell you makes me a bad person. Okay so I work in an animal clinic. It's a lot of running around and honestly you need two people in kennel on the weekends because it gets busy. This includes all the cleaning then kennel has to do AFTER the appointments leave and the clinic is closed. I'm in kennel and the person I work with today always leaves early. Always. Our shift is 7-1ish and she never makes it past 12 some weekends. She always leaves the shift earlier or I end up covering her other Saturday shifts seeing as though I don't work every Saturday.

Last couple times I worked with her, I get suck with all the afternoon cleaning. It's a lot. I try and get as much done so I can leave and have a little break before I go back at 4 to feed pets, walk dogs and get meds because we all board. This weekend I got sick of it and flat out asked her to stay until at least 1:30 to help me cleaning. Her response was "I have a test Monday that I have to study for." I honestly wanted to stay "well I changed plans so I can cover your shift countless times, you kinda owe me at least this." But I didn't. I basically said nothing and showed I didn't care. She kept on trying to guilt trip me into letting her go earlier. I get that she's a college student but she doesn't have to come back in a couple hours and deal with pets even more. I don't want to stress myself out by trying to get all the cleaning done early enough so I'm not walking the dogs at night. With the amount of time I've covered for her, she owes me.

Am I a bad person because I made her stay? Because honestly I don't think so. Our job has such a laid back vibe to it. Our boss doesn't care if she leaves early if it slows. But it wasn't slow and she was trying to bounce because of a test. If this was any other place, she would have been fired with the amount of time she misses plus her leaving early all the time.

I've worked there almost a year and I called out of work once and asked off (so far) twice and one of those days I asked off, I had to go into work any way to cover someone's shift. This is after a night of drinking, might I add. And I left work early once because my boss told me to because of a stomach virus.

You can just tell she really doesn't need this job. Because she doesn't seem to care about it.
February 26th, 2017 at 02:52am