Saw a Psychiatrist Today + Going to New Zealand? + Other Updates

If you read my last blog, I've had unwanted suicidal thoughts my entire life (refresher: I do not want to commit suicide. I'm horrified of the "what if this happens if I do this" aspect). I finally got my ass to the psychiatrist today. No diagnosis or anything. We spent the entire appointment talking about what is going on in my brain and a lady came in to talk to me. She said I may actually have anxiety rather than OCD like my roommate believes and a lot of people have the thoughts I have; it's nothing to be ashamed of. She gave me techniques on how to deal with the thoughts. Then I was given two more appointments and I left. Whether or not I feel better, I don't know. It was strange to say these things aloud to someone I don't know.

I talked to my adviser and while setting up my four year plan, we accidentally discovered I can graduated a semester early with two majors and a certificate/minor. I decided to take that extra semester to study abroad. It was always between Australia and New Zealand and I think I decided on New Zealand. I looked at the classes the programs in both countries have and I really liked New Zealand's better. Plus, I need two semesters of physics and New Zealand actually has the second semester (so now I don't need to pay extra money for summer classes that I can't afford). I'm not going to study abroad until spring semester of junior year (so next year) so I'm still going to mull over this. I am super excited though.

One of my friends worked for the school newspaper and asked if I would like a position in the op-ed section. My Facebook statuses inspire her and she thinks this will be great for me. I'm a little nervous. Even posting my hardcore opinions on Facebook I get nervous. Not because people might disagree with me. I don't care if someone I disagree with comments. I've had plenty of civil debates and most ended well. In fact, it's kind of fun. It's just the difference between Facebook and school newspaper is that I know the people on my Facebook so I know what I'm getting into. When it comes to the newspaper, it's the whole "people you don't know are reading your writing" thing. But I'm going to go through with it anyway. I'll think of this as practice for when I get reviews on future novels or scientific essays or whatever. I just need to figure out what to write about. Any suggestions would be helpful!

That's all I can think of for now. Seeing a psychiatrist was one of two new year's resolutions. Now I just need to finish my 50 books!

Ciao a tutti!
March 9th, 2017 at 02:00am