I Have a Job! | Contest

Hey all! So if you've been reading my blogs lately, you know I've been looking for a job and going for some interviews.

I had my second interview this afternoon. It was definitely more intense than my first. Not intense in the sense that I couldn't answer the questions, but just that there were more questions and I interviewed with two managers. The first manager I really liked. I felt like I really connected with her and she made me really consider the job. It made me consider doing two jobs, which I really didn't want to do. She made me feel like she wanted to hire me, but I still had to interview with the second manager.

So I meet her, and she's really nice too. She starts off by asking if my availability was completely open or if it was going to change. I decided to be honest with her and say that I was waiting to hear about another position, so I wasn't sure. I then told her that I was considering maybe doing the two, if I got offered this one, since the first one offers a 5AM to 9AM shift, and I could do that and work a shift at the second place.

She asked me how many hours a week I would want, and I told her around 25. She basically said that was never going to happen. She's like, "oh, we do like 4, 8, maybe 12. We cap it at 20." Uhhhh. She then goes on to say that she doesn't like the two-job idea, which like, last time I checked that was my decision? She says, "Well if I know someone wants more hours, if I have the hours I go to them first." Okay, well you basically told me people rarely get near 20 hours. If I'm working 8 hours a week, ma'am, I would definitely need a second job.

So anyway, we continue the interview, and it definitely went well and I was pretty positive they were going to offer me the job. But at this point, I was so turned off. She asks me at the end which way I'm leaning. I don't want to flat out tell her that I'm thinking about the other one, so I just say, "I'm not sure. I really need some time to think about it." Which I did, and I went home and talked to my parents.

They called me THREE hours later to ask if I was going to accept the position so they could run my background check. Thankfully, I had already heard from the first job, and accepted. I did feel bad for the one manager though, because I really liked her a lot. Oh well!

So I'm working at Old Navy now. Orientation is on Thursday! It's not using my degree, but I still have plenty of time.
In other news, I'm hosting a new contest centered on songs about heartbreak! Woo! If that sounds interesting to you, check it out! Here ----> Heartbreak Song Contest My links are white, I know, I keep trying to change them back but it's glitching! The link is there, I promise!
March 14th, 2017 at 01:42am