Musical Inspirations... Wanna Share Yours?

Hey guys, long time no chat!

So, I have been in kind of a slump. A pretty well-rounded slump, might I add. Just feeling... slumpy.
And in efforts to sort of work myself out of said slump I decided to share with you some things that usually help with this very out-of-the-blue random blog. Let me introduce to you my Musical Inspirations! Do you have a inspiration playlist? Feel free to share yours!

I dunno about you guys but music is one of my main sources of inspiration, whether it be for writing which I have not been doing much of, exercise which I really haven't been doing much of and even things like getting up in the morning or working myself up to get some stuff done. And here are my current obsessions!

Lost on You by LP

~I've really been loving this blues-y feel of this song and the lyrics and vocals are amazing!

Listen by ONE OK ROCK, ft. Avril Lavigne

~If you guys know me at all, you may have heard of my love for my boys, ONE OK ROCK. They are so amazing, and their last album Ambitions... guh, I can't get enough. This song just gets me right in my emotional core... along with their other songs on this album... just go listen to it if you can/want. I LOVE IT.

Quit You by Sia

~So I don't know if this is a leaked clip or what but ever since I came across this one earlier this year I have been obsessed. But like, it's Sia my queen so of course I am already nuts over this song. Anything Sia I have been obsessed... like Angel by the Wings, The Greatest, Waterfall...etc.

Low by Todrick Hall ft. RuPaul

~If you guys do not know of Todrick Hall by now, you need to because he is wicked talented and amazing! He very recently came out with the deluxe version of his Straight Outta Oz album project and he put the revamped version of his Low and is fucking SLAYS.
BTW, I also recommend his Straight Outta Oz album. SO GOOD!

Tous Les Mêmes by Stromae

~This creative genius has been a permanent fixture on my list of addictions and makes my list of moments because my mother has been obsessed, OBSESSED with him. Stromae is amazing not just with his amazingly striking song lyrics but also with how fucking creative he gets with his music videos. Check out his over songs too! You won't regret it!

Angels Fall by Breaking Benjamin

~This band has been my go-to for my emotional inspirations since like... middle school?? Oh damn that is a long time... But yea, this song in particular works well because it fits perfectly with the mood I have been trying to write about? Did that make sense?

Icarus by Ivan Torrent

~God... if anything gets me really pumped is a wicked powerful instrumental soundtrack. I have several in my inspiration playlist but this has been on REPEAT in an almost abusive manner. someone stop the madness... hmmm, maybe I'll make a list here of just instrumental sountracks that I love... *thinky face*


Man, this was a longer list than I initially planned. And I can go on and on...
1. Do any of these songs appeal to you?
2. Do you guys use music for inspirations?

Like I said earlier (or at least I think I did), please leave your favorite inspiration music! I love hearing new stuff! And I listen to all sorts of things so if you think I should definitely know about an artist and their work, send it my way!!

Thanks for stoppin' by!

me
March 24th, 2017 at 02:46am