Breaking Up + Backpacking Through Europe?

Current song: "Extraordinary Dinner Party" by La Dispute
Currently Reading: Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson

I ate so much that my stomach hurts and I have a food baby.

Anyway.

I met a guy about a week ago and we've been texting since. I'm already thinking I need to break it off. To make a long story short, I've had so many red flags pop up and I told 7 friends about him and all 7 told me I need to stay the fuck away from him. He's just so clingy. Constantly texting me to see where I'm at. I told him to stop at one point because he was distracting me from studying and he said, "Okay call me when you're done" and because I didn't call in five minutes, he tried calling me. I ignored that so then he snapped me twice. I ignored those so then he tried getting my attention on Facebook. He already got jealous over my friends. I was telling him me and some are planning a trip to Europe and my family is planning a trip to Disney World and he was jealous that he wasn't invited even though we just met. He asked who my friend Alex is (she's a woman) and he said he got skeptical when all I said was "A friend" (I told him right after what Alex's gender is). He freaked out when he found out two of my roommates next year will be guys and he said he felt assured that they aren't strangers because "[he] shouldn't have to worry about me." I called him out on this and he swears he's just trying to get to known my friends because he wants to be friends with them. But he said in another text, "I shouldn't have to be worried if there's something going on." He sent me a long text basically proclaiming his love to me and how he'll always care about me and he wants me to let him in so he can help with my mental issues. He's thoroughly convinced that once we're official my OCD/anxiety/depression (currently being tested for all of these) will just magically disappear. He also made me really uncomfortable with his romance and affection. The guy talks to me as if we've been dating for months. He already bought a car to "share" with me because it's "ours" and he sent me a photo of his cat once and said "our son". He's upset because I'm living in Wisconsin next year when I have to because this is where I go to school. I told him he can't visit me these next few weeks because I need to study and the weekend plans were made long before I knew of his existence and he said, "You need to make compromises because relationships are a team." What relationship?! We're not in one?! He also keeps calling me "babe", "hun", and "baby" even after I told him to stop. He told me I'm just not used to this type of affection because I've never received it before. Well fuck you because I have, but it was from someone I've known for months. He also said he's so glad I said I'll change for him. Joke's on him because I never said that. All I said was he needs to be patient with me and that's how he took it.

Yeah. He's way too clingy for me and his jealousy was a red flag. I sent my cousin the long text he sent to me proclaiming his love and she told me i need to stop talking to him immediately. Fine by me. After only knowing each other for three days he asked me to be his girlfriend. I know people who've started dating as soon as they met, but the difference is that all of my friends who have done this dated just to date. This guy thinks he's already dating me seriously and is planning our future already. We've hooked up once (when we first started talking I honestly thought that's all it was going to be. Not an opportunity to start a relationship) and I just found out he had sex with me because he's genuinely infatuated with me while I had sex with him because I was under the impression it was nothing but a hook up (so now I feel bad about this). He also asked me afterwards if he was my first time even though just days before I said he wasn't. He looked upset by my answer. During the act he tried not using a condom and kept asking, "Do you trust me?" Lol no. He asked five times and said, "Please???" so I put the condom on him myself. The sex was just fine with it on. But yeah. It's clear we're looking for completely different people. He needs someone to be mushy-gushy romantic with him. I need someone that's basically a friend. Casual, sarcastic, not mushy. I just don't think he knows this yet. So now I'm trying to figure out how to tell him.

In other news, my friends and I are planning a trip to backpack through Europe in either summer 2019 or 2020. Countries we have in mind:

England
Ireland
Scotland
The Netherlands
Germany
Poland
Italy
Greece
Holland
France
Spain

We have reasons for each country so I'm currently researching costs and all that fun stuff. We may have to eliminate some stuff. We'll see.

Have any one y'all backpacked through a country or entire continent?

That's all for now!

Ciao a tutti!
March 30th, 2017 at 11:37pm