Squad Love

I haven't done of these in a long time, but I thought I'd give a huge shout out to the #ME aka the squad that have honestly become some of my closest friends over the last, like, year I think. They've helped me get through a lot of personal shit, they're always there for everyone who needs it, and just all around wonderful people. These guys are some of the coolest and wokest bitches in the world. Seriously, bigotry isn't allowed here. We're too diverse and, well, open minded to let that shit in. So in no particular order, I declare my love for all these beautiful people:

A L E X
The brown love of my life. We met a long ass time ago for a group write that didn't pan out. I never woulda thought we'd be so close back then. She's one of the funniest, most savage, and confident people I know. I'm honestly so inspired by her confidence and her "fuck off" attitude when she honestly doesn't care about shit. It's amazing tbh because I'm one of those people that does tend to care about what people think of me sometimes, but Alex just oozes confidence and greatness, which is something I'm always going to admire about her. Plus, she just gets me as a brown girl. Can't go wrong with that.

F A E
Fae, my bae. I don't even remember when we became friends but it was a long ass time ago and I always admired her. In fact, every time she comments on my stories, even now, I squeal. She's also one of my favorites gays and one of the most eloquent people ever. Like people think I'm savage on Mibba, but honestly, Fae kills with her eloquence. I read her words and I cry. And if her arguments are that good, you should see her stories. Make me cry even more. But Fae is so hardcore, don't ever underestimate her 'cause she'll really surprise you. Tbh, I wish to be like Fae sometimes. Ok, all the time.

L I Z Z
I think we became friends in The 100 club forum thing lol. But we became friends so fast, it's ridiculous, I don't even remember the timeline, that's how quick it was. Lizz is the only person I can cry about Justin Trudeau and The Maine to tbh. Also the only person I come to about any medical questions because she's the best soon-to-be nurse in the world. Or at least all of Canada lol. But Lizz is the sweetest person on the planet (not just Canada) and is always there when you need her. She's the squad's moral compass tbh, telling us to hop off the ledge and see some sense. Everyone's needs a Lizz in their lives.

E L
I vividly remember admiring El's layouts a long time ago. But we didn't become close until this chat, which I'm honestly grateful for because she is one of the cutest people on the planet. I always get snaps from her responding to one of my stories and I cry because she's like a personal cheering squad only better because it's El. She's also super talented and writes the most amazing stuff. If You Love Me Let Me Know, man #neverforget. But my love for El knows no bounds. She's just the best and you can expect cute snaps from her all the time. I promise, I am going to write NGC 5000 for you once I get the inspiration lol.

S A M
Before this group existed, Sam was the person I went to to rant about stuff. We go waaaaaaay back. We went back and forth, sending essays. I loved it. We also always cheered each other on for stories and layouts and pretty much anything else. I feel like we're so similar in ways that I can't even explain tbh so I won't attempt. Maybe she'll get it lol. But she's always the one commenting on my stories and everything, such a great support system honestly. Even if you think your story is shit, Sam would probably love it because she sees the good in things. @Sam, come back to the chat pls we miss you.

V I C
I think we became close after some drama that happened and we messaged each other about it, and then I added her to the chat. Vic's the funniest Brit on the planet (sorry, Ella) though so I'm really glad I did. Her Scottish-ness just oozes out of her and it's hilarious. Plus, she can be so savage, it's wonderful. I love when savage Vic comes out. Also, she writes some of the most powerful and unconventional shit (looking at you, Deep Space and Tommy Guns). But any time anyone needs a laugh (or needs to know what Manuel Neuer is doing right this second), Vic's ya girl. Plus, never forget "dribbles."

E L L A
I also can't remember when we became friends but I don't think we ever really talked on a daily basis until the chat (tbh, this is true for everyone). But Ella is my other favorite gay. Also very savage when she wants to be. She just knows what's going on all the time and I love it, it's like she's the God of Mibba or something. It's great. But aside from that, Ella's so point blank and it's one of the things I love about her. She'll call you out on anything and she ain't afraid to do it. Also she writes some of the best sci-fi in the world. Also I want one of her cats. And her hair. Also her eyebrows. #poppityping

K I M I
Miss you, kimchi. Especially the ridiculous stories you always have but never the weird and rather scary links you send. But seriously though, Kimi's the wild card. You never know what you're gonna get, but you know you're going to be amused regardless. Not to mention, one of the best writers on this site tbh.


In conclusion, find people you love and don't surround yourselves with people that just don't get you. It ain't worth it, no matter what they try to say to you. #ME get me as a Bengali Muslim woman living in the US and I don't have to justify myself to any of them. I spill my guts to them all the time and they're still supportive af. Don't need to waste that energy.

I'm lucky to have two pretty big groups of friends, with the #ME being one of them. So, love y'all. See you (in person) at Lizz's wedding <3 (hopefully before that tho lol)
April 3rd, 2017 at 05:22am