I'm Still Alive

You're supposed to read that title in Eddie Vedder's voice.

This website has become foreign to me, I guess. I used to be super active on here but, for some reason, I kind of drifted away from me for the last couple of years. For a while, I suffered a massive writer's block like I could barely write a full sentence. I'm still not one hundred per cent over it but I'm trying. I've started to write some stuff, a lot are still unfinished, I managed to write two short stories and actually finish them, I'm debating on whether to post them or not. But I feel like I'm slowly getting back to writing and that's a good thing. Mental illness has already taken so much from me, I'm desperately trying to hold on to the little things and not let them go again. And writing is one of those things.

My life has been quite uneventful, to be fair. Last year, I moved out of London, went back to Portugal for a bit, took a trip to Seoul and wound up in the Netherlands, where I currently live. Other than that, not much has changed, or at least I don't feel like it has. I decided to take small steps to be healthier, fitter, just better in general I don't know. It's not therapy but I'm trying.

I want to get my inspiration back and in all honesty, it has been coming in short bursts, but I'm still not sure what exactly to do with it, so I'll just keep improvising little stories here and there and see what happens.

I'm not even sure if the people I used to "hang out with" here on Tumblr are still here... Either way, I want to make new friends, so come at me! I'm going to try and be more active here, like I used to!
April 4th, 2017 at 01:39pm