I Walked Out and the Aftermath

Friday was not a good day; even after I posted the blog, things took a turn for the worst.

As I was writing my blog Friday, my stepmother and I were fighting heavily. She was berating me, insulting me, and I was already making plans to spend the night at Jeremy's just to get away from it for one day... That was until my father came home and they made plans to go out to dinner.

First, they were almost ready to leave when my stepmother was dilly-dallying and I was sitting in my room working on classwork. My dad told me that he had a job that he wanted me to do tomorrow morning, but I told him that I was going to Jeremy's and spending the night. He accepted that, and then told me that I needed to pick up my room before I leave.

That's when she came in and said that if I didn't pick up my room perfectly before I leave, she was going to force me to come back home and do such... and that's when my father took her side.

See, their marriage has never been perfect and the fact that they celebrated their anniversary the other day... I'll get back to that one.

So, I started picking up my room before they left and my dad was standing at my door, wanting to talk to me while my stepmother went out to the truck, she took notice in this though and decided to also stay behind so she could see what he was doing. This pissed me off (pay attention to this part) so I grabbed some dirty clothes I had laying in the floor, walked past my door, saying "excuse me" to my stepmother so I could walk by, and went to put them in the hamper...

She didn't hear me excuse myself so she started this argument saying that I was ungrateful and rude and I should have excused myself and all this junk. I was forced to apologize, even though I was standing in the bathroom trying to calm myself down, and then they went on their merry way.

That's when I opened up my closet and the drawers and started grabbing what I could find. I brought with me only two pairs of pants, my outfit for when I go see Panic! At the Disco tomorrow night, a pile of shirts, undergarments, and some other things that I needed for school/work. I packed up my laptop and just decided that I was done; I couldn't take it anymore.

Before I left the house, I wrote out my $95 car insurance check for the month, and sent a text to my sister saying:

If they try calling me in two days from now, I'm not answering. Not saying I won't be home in two days, but if I'm not, I'm fine. I will still talk to you though. I'm beyond done.

Her response back was:

Okay, I'll take care of the fish and don't come home. This is bad, very bad

See, in the truck where my sister sat, my stepmother was berating me, my father, and my sister, saying things such as, "I'm so done." "Your people do nothing but run over me." " You need some lessons on being a better husband."

And this didn't end.

Saturday, I talked to Jeremy's mother and she said I could stay as long as I needed. The two of us have talked and she understands my situation a little bit and she wants to help me out the best she can because I've told her that I'm tired of this mental abuse and I just can't take it anymore. I'm terrified to be sitting at my house for long periods of time alone or if she's there and it's scary. So, I'm living with my boyfriend and his mom at the moment and it's not too bad. I'm warming up to his mom better which is a great thing.

The aftermath though is what my father is dealing with and I talked to him a couple of hours ago while he was on his lunch break.

After I walked out and my stepmother realized that there's a slim chance I'm coming back she began her yearly claim of, "I'm leaving you," and frankly, my father has shown her that he no longer cares whether or not she stays because he's as tired as my sister and I are of her antics.

Also, that part I said to pay attention to earlier, yeah, so now she's claiming that I shoved her when I was trying to get by. The only problem with that lie is that she was standing right up against my father when I "pushed" her and if I had, he would have felt the impact of her leaning a little further against him than she was previously.

So will she leave my dad? I have no idea to be honest. Like I said, this is yearly thing and my father no longer cares whether or not she does. She's claiming that she's going to move in with my older stepsister, but who knows if that's going to happen.

I haven't been home in three days, and I feel a lot less stress free to be honest, but truthfully, I want to be able to pick out the clothes I want to wear for the day out of the closet, rather than stuff I grabbed on a whim and threw in a bag. I also want to see my fish against since Chipper's fins are growing back and Niji's tank seriously needs water put in it.

I don't mind Jeremy's house though; it's comforting not sleeping alone.

So, I'll keep you guys updated and I'll try to write a blog about how the Panic! concert went. I'm going to the Greensboro show tomorrow night with two of my friends and I'm gonna look greattttt~

Until next time,

Kayla VI
April 10th, 2017 at 07:08pm