Characters With Mental Health Issues/Disabilities?

I was wondering if any of you have characters with mental health struggles or disabilities. I would love to hear about them! Post your characters here and tell us a little about them and what they have to deal with. :3 Let's promote some awareness for mental health and disabilities! My other post in forums didn't do so well.

I'll go first.

Luca has an autism spectrum disorder, bipolar II and PTSD with nightmare disorder. He is actually a very kind and sweet person. He's a little childish and immature, and he can also be aggressive at times. Though, it's usually if he's having a panic attack.

I also have these guys who I'm working on for a disability school story...

Ayako has an autism spectrum disorder, ranging from moderate to almost severe. It usually depends on the situation or what she is dealing with as well. She also has Dyscalculia.

Sakura has Ataxic Cerebral Palsy. She is based on one of my very close friends. She uses special eating and writing utensils due to her tremors.

Mika has Angelman Syndrome. She is nonverbal, but she does use her iPad Pro and other sources to communicate with those around her.

Hikari has Dyspraxia. I'm still figuring out her personality and what not. I'm thinking of her being the antagonist, but I'm not sure yet.

Masa has Asperger Syndrome, Intermittent Explosive Disorder and Dysgraphia. He was also based on a friend of mine as well.

Koji has Williams Syndrome. He is very social and outgoing, but he also deals with several varying learning and developmental delays. He is also based on a close friend of mine.

Takeshi has a moderate traumatic brain injury. I'm basing him off of my boyfriend because he is actually going to be the MC's love interest.

I hope you will show me some of your characters with mental health issues/disabilities. I want to spread awareness for characters like this, especially since not many seem to write about these types of characters.
April 22nd, 2017 at 09:11pm