Coming to You Live at 3 AM

I've been meaning to write an update blog for a week or so and I can't seem to sleep tonight, so I guess it's the perfect time.

Work is okay. I'm not making as much money as I was before my little break. Part of it is because I'm not working doubles like I used to. It's honestly just not worth it. It's tiring. It's frustrating. Bosses don't take care of you like they should and most of the time, you don't even get a break, which is totally legal in the restaurant industry. They like to dangle that over our heads. So I stopped working them. Another reason I'm not really rolling in dough anymore is because in order to do my admin stuff (which I am now doing most days that I work because my managers seem to like not having to do that paperwork) I get pulled off the floor early and that kind of screws with my money.

The new position also has my hours all mixed up. On Fridays and Saturdays, I don't get out until, like, 2:30/3:00 in the morning and even when I do get home, I just can't seem to shut my brain off since all I've been doing for the past couple of hours is staring at numbers, so I'm not actually getting to sleep until like, five or six. That means I'm sleeping until three and then go to work at five. I don't necessarily mind it right now, but I know when I actually decide to get a real life and start seeing someone again, it's gonna be hard.

Moving on.

Girl at work is not gay, which is just fine. Friends is cool. I'm already over it. I was mostly just intrigued. I don't really need another work relationship anyway 'cause we all know how that turned out lol

Speaking of, he is finally blocked on all social media platforms, though he keeps trying to add me on Snap. Last we talked, he told me I wasn't worth anything, that the sex wasn't that great, and that if I kept my expectations this high, I'll never find someone willing to put up with me. So that was nice. I probably would have taken it to heart a few months ago, but I've kind of felt pretty empowered since the actual break up. Wonder why that is.

I do miss having someone to hang out with all the time, but I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping myself busy. Between working and sleeping, I've also started going to Krav Maga classes which I'm pretty excited about. They're challenging. I'm not in the best shape, but I want to get healthier. I've been eating better except for the ice cream that my mom and brother will bring home occasionally. No self control there. But yeah, it's a super cool class. I'm learning self- defense which makes me feel a little better. The restaurant I work at isn't exactly located in the best part of town and walking out to my truck so late is a little nerve-wracking. All in all, I just want to start doing things that make me feel good about myself.

I've been trying to read and write more. I'm really liking the stories I have going on right now, but I feel like they're gonna start getting updated a little less frequently just because I'm, like, doing more things.

Um, what else?

I have a lot of bills to pay this month, so I'm kind of stressing about that. Though, I did get a really big Verizon bill paid off and that's a big load off my shoulders. Still, I have my actual phone bill
(the Verizon bill was from my old phone), my truck note, and the Krav payment (hella expensive, but worth it. It's a great workout) and then I also owe my mom money for helping me with the phone bill and I have to start thinking about Summer school which I plan on signing up for. Just one class, but it's something.

I think that might be it.

OH. If y'all haven't watched Bill Nye Saves the World on Netflix yet, do yourself a huge favor and WATCH IT. It's so good and really easy to blow through.
May 4th, 2017 at 10:12am