*** in My Neighborhood...

So I live in Wilmington Delaware, and I am just reminded constantly how sh*tty of a city/place this is to be/live. Someone was murdered right outside my house last night. No, I didn't no the person at all. This is what happened though.

I came back from a campfire with my boyfriend's grandparents around 10 PM. We came back to our street being closed. We approached an officer and asked him what happened. He paused for a moment then told us someone was murdered.

We couldn't get back to our house because there was too much evidence right outside our house. So we went to a diner for an hour and a half. When we came back around 11:30 PM the street was still shut down. We approached the officer again and told him we really needed to get home. He escorted us back to the house. I saw all the blood, all the bullets, and the body outline on my way to the house.

The next morning when I woke up and looked outside the window I saw there was still some blood and the body outline was still traced out right on the sidewalk across from my house. Thank god it rained today, and washed all that away.

This is really scary. I am scared right now. Rumor has it it was local gang activity...but what if my boyfriend and I were home when this happened? What if we were outside smoking when the crossfire happened? Or outside feeding the stray cats? We could of also been killed or hurt.

This is all disturbing what I saw and me just thinking about this. I need to get out of here ASAP. I need a new place to live soon.

That's just what was on my mind. I hope you had a better night/day than me mibba.
May 12th, 2017 at 12:12am