Stuff & Art

At the end of the semester, I was a little disappointed in myself. But now I'm like...woah.

I ended my first semester of college with a 2.75 GPA. Not fantastic, I know. During my second semester, however, I went on antidepressants, laid off the drugs and alcohol a little (cold turkey at first; I had to cut those out completely for the entire month of January for reasons I'll explain later) and ended up bringing up my GPA to a 3.22. That's not fantastic, either, but it's high enough to get the job I want for my work-study program.
I did this despite the fact that I had a major surgery in the month of February (which is why I had to quit doing drugs and drinking--they will not operate on you if you do these things before surgery because alcohol especially is bad for bleeding). Overall, I'm not pissed anymore, especially since I saw my high school best friend (who goes to a different university) the other day and I've got him beat GPA-wise, lmao--we were the same ranking in high school (we went to different schools in the same district) and had the same GPA so there's a little pettiness between us. Anyway, we made fun of each other's accents in Spanish since South Americans say some things differently than North Americans/Caribbean people, like ll.

And so, speaking of Spanish, would anyone be willing to skim something to make sure I've got it correct? I speak Spanish more or less fluently, but I wanted to make sure the slang was alright since the character speaks Mexican Spanish and I'm only partially familiar with their slang. If anyone could just make sure I didn't accidentally add some Puerto Rican- or South American-isms--since I have friends of a lot of nationalities and I tend to bleed words/accents together when speaking/writing--that would be great. Message me if you're willing, muchas gracias.
Also! I'm doing art commissions until I go to Mexico on July 7, and I've got a post here and here on that. Let me know if you'd be interested.
May 25th, 2017 at 08:58pm