Hard Times, Resume Help, and Abandonment

I'm increasingly frustrated and dissatisfied with my day to day life. Specifically on the job front. Even though in my last blog I posted about how I like the people I work with and what I do - and that is incredibly true - there is just a lot left to be desired.

Granted, it is summertime. There's not a lot of people who need school supplies this time of year - which does explain the lack of payroll - but I just can't make ends meet, it seems. I know when I started working in October, I was getting a lot of steady hours and continued to do so, more or less, through the end of April. But now I'm barely getting twenty hours a week, and I just can't afford it.

I have an opportunity to apply/interview for a salon position now that I have my cosmetologist license. I'm highly considering it, which is why I'm needing help with rebuilding my resume. I'm not really sure if I should put my unrelated jobs on to a stylist resume - on one hand, I don't want to leave anything out and I'm pretty highly skilled in a lot of different customer service and sales situations. On the other hand, will a salon owner care if I decorated donuts for six months?

And honestly, I've scoured every website and cheat sheet and checklist for building a resume, but it's hard for me to decide what would be applicable and what wouldn't be. Would it be better to include all the details, or only the things relevant to the job I'm applying for? I would be going in at entry level, so how do I pretty that up? God, being an adult is getting increasingly more and more difficult.

Also, if you know anything about cover letters or have any advice on what to put on one and why they're important, please let me know.

Aside from that, I have a friend named Catelyn. We met not long ago but we grew very close very fast. She's become a part of my daily routine, talking to her and whatnot, but I'm kind of at a bad place with her right now. The scenario is that she's taking summer classes, works part time, and spends the rest of her free time with her sort of-almost-girlfriend, so we haven't talked much in this past week or so and it's kind of problematic for me.

The thing is, I want her to be happy and I love when she's happy. I just wish that she could make time for me as well. I have been having a really hard time with abandonment issues, specifically here lately, and I guess it's just getting to me a little more than it should. It just really hurts when my routine breaks and I feel like I'm not as important as somebody else. It's one of my flaws.

It's about 12:30am, and I have to be at work at 10am, and honestly I'm so exhausted I could sleep for the next three days. I sleep too much and I'm tired, I sleep too little and I'm tired, I sleep the perfect amount and I'm tired. I'm just so tired. Everything is exhausting to me.

Sorry, I'm kind of a bummer. I don't mean to be. Things just bother me a lot. I needed to let it out.

- sindie.
June 16th, 2017 at 07:23am