Of Baptisms, Weird Fic, and, Uh, Other Things Going on in My Life

Hello, all! I felt like randomly making a blog post about my life at the moment, which isn't something I do terribly often, usually preferring to make my blog posts on here about specific topics or themes. (By the way I do plan to do more Blogging about Fandoms! I may even do one later today or tomorrow! I definitely want to do another one soon!)

So, this coming up Sunday I'm getting baptized, and to be honest, I've been feeling kind of nervous about it. Namely, I'm nervous because I have to give a testimonial in front of everybody, and, well, that's a lot of people to have to talk to when you have the kind of anxiety I do! And it's not like I'm talking about something unimportant either! I've been worked up so much that I won't say what I need to or I'll say something wrong or I'll make a fool of myself or whatever bad thing it is my anxiety tells me will happen at the moment. I can recognize that for what it is though; it really is just my brain being a scumbag, and I'm not going to listen to it. I've been thinking about what I'll say, and I've been praying. I know that ultimately I will say whatever God needs me to at the moment. Maybe I will touch someone, and maybe I won't; that's ultimately got nothing to do with me at all.

I'm also excited, of course. I know this is something I need to do to please God and to bring me closer to Him. Also, I've invited some family to come to the church, and it will be great to come together with everybody and praise the Lord.

Sunday is also Father's Day, and it's also my husband, Bear's birthday. We're gonna have a bunch of family come out to the house and cook out in celebration of those things. Then, Bear will have a week off from work, which will be excellent because he's been working so much lately. I'm very excited for him and for us, and I hope we can make the most of the week, doing whatever it is we want to do.

I've been doing a lot of writing lately, and that's been good. Some of the writing has gone towards my WIPs that desperately need more work done on them, but most of it has been going towards a new project I've started. I don't want to say too much here, but this particular project has been interesting to say the least. It started as a weird plotbunny in my head that showed up when I was half-asleep and susceptible to the weirdest of weird ideas. I tried to shake it, but it just wouldn't leave! Finally, I caved and I made a page of notes I titled "Worldbuilding for a Series I Shouldn't Even Write", and I should've known then that I would end up writing a ton for said "series". So, then I planned to write it, and either not post it anywhere or post it on Archive of Our Own anonymously, since that's a thing you can do on that site. Now... I've written so much on it, and I honestly love it. I'm thinking serious thoughts about just posting it under my name on AO3, so I can promote it more effectively and so I can take proper credit for it. I may even post it on here, too. I'm still trying to decide my exact course of action, of course, but yeah, that's what I'm seriously considering.

For the record, it's an X-Files fic, and yeah, it's pretty strange. Of all my TXF WIPs, I cannot believe this story is the one that I'm able to write the most stuff for and feel most capable of actually finishing and posting. If I ever post it, you guys might understand where I'm coming from here. (Also, I have no idea why I always struggle so hard to finish any X-Files fics I come up with. I love X-Files so much, but I struggle so much when writing fic for it. I literally don't know why, and I wish I did.)

Anyway, there was no real point to this blog, but this is some stuff that's going on in my life right now. If you're still reading, you're either really sweet or really bored (actually probably both!) If you wanna drop a comment on this, then please do, and tell me what's been going on with your life lately! I'd love to chat with anyone who wants to!
June 16th, 2017 at 08:13pm