Reading and Commenting - A Thought Blog

Those of us on this site love to read the amazing stories people create just for us. You get to read stories for free, what's better than that?

There a quite a few stories that I subscribe to and I always try to leave a comment.

Guys, let's be honest.

There are authors that expect a comment on every chapter, and there are authors that don't expect any comments at all. There are authors that won't update without comments, and there are authors that will update with or without.

I know that sometimes, we read a story and don't comment on it, no matter how wonderful it is. Been there, done that. And I regret it.

If I really really enjoyed the story, whether it's a work in progress, or a finished series, I try to comment, subscribe, and recommend. It's not that hard to do. And it makes the author feel good to know that someone, somewhere, is reading their thoughts. Comments help authors get a feel of the reading audience, and what needs to be tweaked.

So, leave a comment the next time you read a story, even if it's to tell the author they left out a comma somewhere. They will appreciate it.

Peace, love, and applesauce guys.
June 19th, 2017 at 10:55pm