I Got Baptized! (And Some Other Stuff Happened, Too!)

So, another blog about my life because apparently I do that now. (I really do want to do a Blogging about Fandoms blog later tonight if I can though!) Yesterday was a big and awesome day for me. It was really great, and I'd like to ramble a little bit about it.

So, I got baptized! That was an amazing experience. I had been so nervous about what I was going to say to everyone when I gave my testimony before the church, but in the end I gave it to God, and He led me to speak from my heart. It's kind of a nervous blur for me, but I'm told my words were moving. My husband was in the baptismal pool with us, and it was his longtime friend and the church's associate pastor who performed the baptism. I don't know how to describe just how I felt, but it was amazing. It was a beautiful experience, and I'm so glad I did it. I only wish I would have done it sooner, to be honest.

I'm just so thankful to God for the whole experience and for my salvation. It's hard for me to put into words. I feel so incredibly blessed, and I just want to praise Him.

A whole bunch of my family was there, and it was great to see everybody. My mom cried though; she's such an emotional person, haha. After church, we hung out outside and talked a bit. Then, I went with my Mom to Walmart to get ingredients to make Bear's birthday cake (because we hadn't done it yet.) It was nice to spend some extra time with Mom, and I know she really enjoyed it, too, even if it was just Walmart.

Then, we went back home, and not long after, some family came over for a cookout (which ended up being more like a cook-in because it stormed like crazy! Bear and his dad had to grill in the garage, and everybody had to eat either on the porch or inside.) Everybody was celebrating Father's Day as well as Bear's birthday. It was a lot of fun, getting to hang out with the fam and eat delicious foods. When the weather completely cleared up, a bunch of us went swimming (it was one of the wettest days of my life what with all the different times I ended up getting wet. lol) I also got roped into playing with my niece and nephew for a while since they've really been buddying up to me a lot lately.

Needless to say, I'm wore out! (The fact that we went swimming again today, and I played with the kids once again today just means I'm extra wore out right now. lol) But I'm really happy. Life is so good. God is so good. I truly do feel blessed.
June 20th, 2017 at 02:29am