I Am Garbage

Remember when I was all hyped about being super involved and all that nonsense? Yeah, me too. I've still been lurking since then--I've even tried to actually read through the entries in my contest, and actually got some done--but I don't know what's wrong with me. Well, I do know, I just don't know how to fix it.

I'm just literal, actual garbage. I literally can't commit to anything. I was trying to edit Ichor and Ambrosia (I finished the first 12 chapters back in May and JUST finished editing the first) until I realized I lost my entire outline. It's been so long since I've focused on it, I just forgot what happened after chapter 12--character names, places, everything, I lost. All because I got a shiny, new $900 computer and got rid of my old one without transferring over the outlines. I literally hate myself.

But I'm going to try and crank out more stuff. I was really passionate about Ichor, but if I love it enough I'll return to it. I still have the draft. I really want to write for a living and I really want to create a set-in-stone schedule for my writing.

I started a new job since I last blogged, and I now work 10AM to 3PM every day except Mondays and Thursdays, and if I'm needed on Sundays I'll be working from 10AM to 9PM. So that should help with getting my writing life in order. I can hopefully utilize a portion of my after-work time and use my days off as half-writing days. I really want to finish an entire novel, edited and all, before I move out. That would be something.

But, anyways, I'm probably gonna give writing on a regular schedule a go. I'll try to post on here, and try to be active, but there's no guarantee. It's not that I'm busy--because I'm not--but that I like having leisure time to play video games, and I'm trying really hard to have what I can of a social life before I move. So expect some updates from me, but don't expect too much. But I don't think I'll ever leave Mibba for as long as I'm writing. I'm sorry for bring garbage.
June 20th, 2017 at 04:44am