I Want to Start a YouTube Channel? | Mid Year Book Freak Out Survey

Current Song: "Chic n' Stu" by System of a Down
Currently Reading: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Y'all. I want to start a YouTube channel.

I've been watching a lot of BookTube channels where, you guessed it, people just talk about books. I can talk about books forever. Only problem is (actually I have many) that I don't have the proper software. I don't have a camera and I can't afford one. Plus, my laptop doesn't have the editing software needed. I have a PC. I know there's stuff out there for us but it's usually really crappy. I don't have the money for a Mac nor the desire to get one. Anyone know of good editing softwares for PCs? To be honest I'm tempted to hold out my phone on a selfie stick.

Also, I don't know what I'll do for originality. Everyone does monthly wrap ups and book hauls/unhauls. I can't really do haul videos because I only buy about 2 books every month while these people buy 30+. I would only do one unhaul video a year because only once a year do I go through my shelves to get rid of books. I could top 5 Wednesday. But I don't know what else. There are book tags and Q&A videos of course but those I would wait to do until I have a few hundred subscribers.

I would use this channel to vlog about my photography page on Facebook and future trips. I'm going to Disney World next summer so there's that and hopefully I'll be able to study abroad so I can vlog about that. I have ideas. I just wish I could execute them.

AND I NEED A CLEVER CHANNEL NAME BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IT'S JUST MY NORMAL NAME

Alrighty. Enough about that. Onto the survey

I got this from Hailey in Bookland and you can find her video here. All these questions relate to books you've read in 2017.

1. Best best you've read so far in 2017
Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. The book kept me on my toes and next thing I know I'm sitting in my reading spot at 4:30 AM unable to put the book down. Although, this answer may change to Les Mis once I'm finished with it.

2. Best sequel you've read
I'm only read 3 series this year, 2 of which were duologies. I think I'll pick The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It wasn't as great as Angels & Demons but I still couldn't put the book down. It dealt with things in religion that people don't really realize could potentially be true and I thought exploring that was interesting.

3. Sequel that came out this year that you haven't read yet
I'm not really into a lot of the new stuff BookTubers have been reading and talking about. Origin by Dan Brown (5th book in the Robert Langdon series) is coming out in October so I'll go with this.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera. Death tells two people that they're going to die so they set out to find friends on their last day.

5. Biggest disappoitment
This book just came out last year but I read it in January. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Whoever is Not J.K. Rowling. Like what the actual fuck was that.

6. Biggest surprise
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Every character except for one was a terrible person but I loved them all the same.

7. Favorite debut author
I haven't read any debut authors this year. I'll change this to "favorite author new to you" and that'll be Oscar Wilde and Victor Hugo.

8. Newest fictional crush
I have a hard time getting crushes when reading books but I'll go with Basil Hallward from The Picture of Dorian Gray.

9. Newest favorite character
VITTORIA VETRA HANDS DOWN. She's from Angels & Demons. I feel like I can resonate with her on a personal level not only because she's Italian and so am I, but there's a line in the book that says something along the lines of, "The American man was chill-tempered but naive. The Italian woman was the exact opposite." ME. ME ME ME. SAME HERE. CAN RELATE.

10. Book that made you cry
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. What the fuck. Usually when I say a book made me "cry" I just mean I teared up a bit. Only three books have ever made tears stream down my face and this was one of them.

11. Book that made you happy
I don't have an answer for this one because all of the books I read this year were depressing lol

12. Favorite book to film adaptation
I haven't seen any this year lol. The YouTuber changed this to "book that should be a film" but I can't answer this either because a good majority of the books I've read are already films.

13. Most beautiful book you've bought this year
I was going to say wholeheartedly The Nightmare Before Christmas by Tim Burton but I bought that last year. My final answer is Maus A Survivor's Tale II: And Here My Troubles Began by Art Spiegleman. This is one of those covers that's, "This is a beautiful cover, if you will."
Image
That is some damn good artwork.

14. What books do you have to read by the end of the year
lol a lot.
All thirteen books of A Series of Unfortunate Events
The Martian
Left-Hand of Darkness
The Tale of Rawhide and Bloody Bones
An Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Girl Who Slept with God
Penpal
Stolen: A Letter to My Capture
Brave New World
Flowers in the Attic
Petals on the Wind
If There Be Thorns
Seeds of Yesterday
Garden of Shadows
Night
Dawn
Day


That's about it. Feel free to steal this.

Ciao a tutti!

Current Song: "Open Air" by Temples
June 23rd, 2017 at 02:46am