The Obligatory I Want To Update My Stories and I Miss You Guys Blog

Hi friends! I've written this exact blog maaaaany times. It's been AGES since I've updated anything and that makes me sad. So, in an effort to get me back into this, I changed my username. I created a new blog layout. I'm going to look at the contest thread, even though that's been pretty dead. Let's be more active together!

In the outside world, work has been going relatively well. I don't dread going to work, which is an accomplishment for me. Out of all the retail jobs I've had, this one is definitely my favorite. I like the people I work with, and for the most part, customers are great. I'm a department lead so I get to be a little more involved with the visual merchandising aspects, such as deciding where new stuff in the shops go and what exactly to display. That part has been really fun. I really have to sit down though and think about where my future is headed. As much as I love this job, it's just not a realistic long-term occupation. Plus, I want to use my degree. So that's a big thing I've got to figure out.

My journey to be healthier is a slow and steady race. My outlook on it is that I don't really care how long it takes me to get to my final goal. Just being more aware of it and taking the time to consider what I'm eating and my activity is a big step. Since I've begun this journey in November, I've finally broke 25 pounds in my weight-loss goal. While it doesn't seem like much in that amount of time, I look at it as 25 pounds I could have been up if I hadn't started this. It feels good. I've started wearing smaller sizes in some clothes which feels awesome (even if size is just a number)!

Hope you all are doing well, too. Send me a message or comment, let's catch up!

1) Let me know what ideas you have floating around, let's bounce them off each other!
2) Met any goals you've set for yourself/Do you have any goals?
3) Just tell me something that makes you happy.
June 30th, 2017 at 01:53am