Titling.

I have been having an issue with my titles lately. For most of my stories, it comes easy; it's the last thing to do with my story and it comes with time and wrapping up the story. Meet Cute is about the failed meet-cute between my two characters. Fall With Me chronicles a gentleman who is trying to get his girlfriend to commit to showing emotion; think, "fall with me into love" or at the end "fall with me into despair." Lichtenberg Figure is about a gentleman who gets hit with lightning (the story being named after the pattern of electrical currents through conductive materials). Living,Breathing,Human follows three people in the aftermath of someone jumping from a building ledge.

So on and so forth.

But when I named Blood Lust. I was trying to be clever. Sure, we see this play out halfway through the novel. But I distinctly remember that I wanted the disconnect between the two base words. Bloodlust is a thing of its own; so what implications does that have for Blood Lust.?
Well, the real reason I'm posting this blog is because I need help titling another short work. I don't know if you are aware of the horror film "Tell Me How I Died," but I literally titled my work that prior to me looking it up. When I did look it up, here's the dumb horror flick description
and trailer, and now I'm debating on titles.

My story has nothing similar with this film, but I still have some reservations about using the title that I thought of prior to knowing it's a movie.

TL;DR Do you ever name something that you're unaware already exists in the real world? And if so, what do you do about it?

Have a great and safe 4th everyone.
July 5th, 2017 at 02:03am