I've Been A Stranger

Greetings, old friends.

I know I've been gone for, like, 8,000 years, and for that I apologize to anyone who reads my stories. I finished my grad program (for the most part - got my teaching license and I'm two classes away from my masters degree) and then I got a teaching job at the last minute. The first year FLEW BY and I was in a whirlwind. I've been writing, but it's all been towards my book I hope to someday actually finish and self-publish, but I haven't even been ON Mibba in about 6 months.

Also, I adopted a super cute cat named Apollo. Maybe I'll share a picture sometime.

Also, I moved into my own apartment.

BUT, I'm back. At least, I hope I can start working on the things I've started on here again as well as some new things I've been thinking about. Before I plug those, though, I'd like to ask anyone on here who I used to talk to and that still follows me, to share with me any new stories you're proud of/think I should read. I'd love to start getting back into some stories on here but I've been gone for so long that I'm overwhelmed at where to start. I'd like to start at any of my old pal's pages with your most favorite thing you're currently working on and I'll read, rec, and post a comment after I've finished reading what you have up.

Now, onto the stories I've started on here and am hoping to get back into writing:

1. Reversis : LAYOUT IS BEING FIXED CURRENTLY Stiles Stilinski fanfiction. With the series coming to a close very soon (I'm pretty upset about that and other things with that show that I won't get into), I'm hoping to do some more work on my Teen Wolf stories. This one just happens to be one of my two favorites.

2. Broken Lungs : I'M CHECKING LINKS TO MAKE SURE THEY'RE ALL STILL WORKING PROPERLY Speaking of Teen Wolf, this is my Isaac Lahey fanfiction. I really, really, REALLY miss Isaac and am super upset that he wasn't in the trailer for the last half of the season along with literally everyone else. So, I'd love to work on this one more to honor my favorite TW character of all time. Well, Lydia is my favorite but I don't bat for that team.

3. True Nature : My other Stiles Stilinski fanfiction. I truly love this one, too. And, Stiles is just a great character to write. Hopefully, I can pick up where this left off but I seem to have lost my story notes for this one so it may take a little while longer to get back into it.

4. Never Forgotten : I NEED TO FIX A LINK ON THE PAGE Patrick Kane fanfiction. This is a trilogy, the first part is finished and you can find it here. This story was written for my friend, Noelle, so I'd like to finish it. I had it mostly plotted out but lost those notes, too. Nevertheless, I am determined to complete the trilogy. I think the links all work on part one, but I'll check that, too.

*A story I'm thinking about deleting: Anchors. It's my Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin fanfiction (not with each other). It seemed well-liked, but I've been lacking inspiration for it as well as losing my notes. I'm not deleting it yet, but I might.

*A story being reworked: Blood Alliance. This is a cowrite with the fabulous aforementioned Noelle. We've been working on the plot and background to this to make it better as well as changing around some characters. It's not being deleted, but I would call it 'on hiatus' until we finish sorting everything out.

*A story on hiatus: Greek Life. This is also a cowrite with Noelle and it's one we really need to write in tandem with one another in order to move on from where we are. We have some prewritten chapters but until we both get back into the flow with it, I'm putting it on hiatus. I love this story so I certainly hope to work on it again soon.

Now, for the new stuff.

1. Missed Connections : An original fiction about meeting someone by chance that you connect with only to have to leave them. Years later, seeing them again when your lives are different. That sort of thing. Dylan O'Brien is the FC for the main guy.

2. The Falling : LAYOUT IS BEING FIXED CURRENTLY Bucky Barnes fanfiction. This was also originally set up as a trilogy and, yet again, lost my notes so I'm starting from the ground up. I really LOVED the idea, though, so I'm definitely interested in working on it again.

3. The Balance : Derek Hale fanfiction. I've started to write this (and by start I mean I have one chapter written) but it's an idea I've had for a very long time. I've been looking at my notes for it again and, I'm happy to see my boy in the trailer for the last half of TW, so I'm thinking I'll be writing it more and then I can start posting.

4. Green & Gold : LAYOUT IS BEING FIXED CURRENTLY Oliver Queen/Arrow fanfiction. I've also started writing this one (also only one chapter, maybe one and a half) and I don't watch the show anymore because it made me mad BUT I do still love Oliver Queen AND this idea so I'm not giving up on it quite yet.

Whew. That's a lot of stuff and it's super ambitious of me to think I can keep up on all of them, but at least know I haven't forgotten them and I am trying to work on things that I've started as well as throwing in some new stuff. I start my second year of teaching, which I hope will be slightly less insane than my first year since I'm implementing a new system with grading this year, and that way I'll have at least one full day on the weekend to work on my writing. It's therapeutic so I'll need at least the one. If all goes according to plan, I'll have some weeknights open to writing, too. Until then, I've got the rest of summer!

Now, please, post in the comments a story of yours for me to read! I've been in the mood for something cute and romantic but I'll read just about anything.

I've missed this writing community and I'm super excited to be back!

Thanks for sticking around with me!

xoxo, Erin
July 15th, 2017 at 06:52am