Story + Sexuality

Hey everyone!

I finally did it! I wrote the first chapter of my story Despair & Violets. I'm both excited and terrified, as the story will touch on various different mental health issues and I'm not familiar with every single one of them personally. I just hope to entertain and inform at the same time. Fingers crossed. Also, if you do end up reading the first chapter, please let me know what you think. The good and the bad, I can take it... I think.

In other news, I recently watched a video by Gabby Dun about Bisexuality and she answers 50+ questions surrounding this subject. She touches on a lot of subjects that I myself have struggled with and it's somewhat clarified some of the internal struggles I've been having with my sexuality. You see, I identify as Bisexual (the correct terms would even be Biromantic Demisexual, but that is such a mouth full), yet I've questioned this a lot because I've only ever been in straight relationships. Now, the way Gabby explains it is that Bisexuality is about the desire and not the action; if you desire to be with a woman and you believe this makes you bisexual or gay, than you are bisexual or gay (or Pansexual).

She also states that she herself constantly struggles with this internalized Biphobia, which makes he question whether or not she might be gay instead of bi, because she's often more attracted to women. I often struggle with this as well, though I'm leaning more towards the straight scale, which is absurd because I am comfortable enough to state that I am bisexual and am attracted to woman. Just... the entire video helped me a lot and I wanted to share it with you:

Linked here

Anyways, I'm currently in bed, medication running through my body to fight off a terrible migraine attack (yes those are still a thing for me) and ready to close my eyes and sleep.

Love you all loads,
Bekah
July 19th, 2017 at 10:35pm