Drabble-a-Thon Update #1: I Can't Spell & the First 3 Drabbles

Well, I guess I always knew my spelling was lacking. It's just sad now that this happened. See, somehow in trying to write "Drabble-a-Thon," I ended up writing "Drabble-a-Ton" a few times. And it took me a bit to catch it.

Oops. (Note: I've since gone back and fixed it where needed.)

Also, I'm seeing that I was slightly concerned about not getting 100 words for nothing. In fact, I've had no trouble with it. I'm going over 100, and have had to trim them down. However, in a way I like this. It's helping me think about what truly needs to be in my stories, and if something truly serves any purpose.

Here's what I have so far:

A) Abstract Expression
The prompt I chose is "abstract." It includes painting and the struggle of being a private person. I'm not crazy about the name for it, but I couldn't think of anything better. It does seem to fit, though.

B) Motion Blur
Prompt for this is "blur." The name comes from the photography and film effect. I think the short summary sums it up best: "Writing is hard."

Also, fun fact: I made the banner myself.

C) Sense of Wonder
I used the prompt "cascade" for this one; said prompt was inspired by a game I'm addicted to. I didn't use it as inspiration for the story, though. No, I wavered between writing about waterfalls and flowers, before the idea of stars came to me. I loved it, and it stuck.

That's all for now. Hoping to get some more soon.

~ S
July 20th, 2017 at 04:48am