Do You Know the Line I'd Walk For You?

DO you? Do you know exactly how far I would go for you? Do you honestly know what you mean to me? I know you don't. If you did honestly and sincerely understand the depths of my feelings for you, we wouldn't be where we are right now. But then, that was the entire problem in the first place, wasn't it? I didn't understand. I didn't understand what you meant when you said and did certain things. I didn't understand how deeply honest you were being with me. More importantly, I didn't understand why it was such a mountainous gift you were giving me, your honesty.
And, as it seems it always goes, I finally understand. It may be too late at this point, but that hasn't discouraged me. Thanks to you, I see everything SO clearly now. And with that clarity has come the strongest desire I've ever had to heal another person's heart. If only I'd tried to do it a year ago, when you may have trusted me, instead of waiting until you completely broke me to see the light.
But, this isn't about how broken I am. No, this is about how broken YOU are. And how I SEE that finally. I'm so sorry I didn't before. I'm so sorry I kept saying how fine you seemed. I'm sorry I didn't think it was fair that I was clearly torn apart and you were standing there, looking down on me, stoic as ever. I didn't see that the stoicism was actually armor.
Now that I know that, now that I see the pain you're feeling, all I want to do is take it away. All I want to do is show you that I can be home. I really can, I promise. The issues I was facing seem nothing now that I've seen what life could be like without your warmth. I continually accused you of withholding affection, of contributing to the isolation I was feeling. But, now that I've had to live without it, I can really see just how big a difference your love made in my life. I'm sorry I questioned it. You did nothing to deserve that.
And I did very little to deserve a second chance, I know that. But I can still hope that you'll be willing to give that to me. I can still hope that you won't have to go to bed alone ever again.
July 24th, 2017 at 05:50am