Describing Your Fic Badly

Hello, all! No, this blog entry isn't about my near inability to write a good description for my stories (nor anyone else's!) That's a blog subject for another time maybe (although, I'm the last person that needs to write it because... I don't really have good advice for it.)

No, for this blog entry I thought I'd play a little game that might end up only amusing me, but I'm hoping to encourage others to try it as well. I first saw this idea on the X-Files subreddit on Reddit. Basically, users were instructed to describe an episode as poorly as possible on purpose while still technically being accurate in their description of the episode. Anyway, I wanted to try this with my own fic!

Still Here- Sam Beckett has a really bad time in Atlanta, GA. (Side note: This story is so heavy that I feel really bad for including it in this game!)

Paramus- Elliott and his friends visit his hometown. It doesn't go as planned.

Target Practice- Shooting practice only a little gayer (but only a little.)

Jersey City- Kurt and his friends pass through Jersey City. They do not have a good time.

The Impossible Children- People of both the male and female design are having alien babies. Other people are all, "What and how the fuck?"

The Beginning of the End- It's the zombie apocalypse! But Kurt's still gonna get his man!

Hair of the Dog- Hawkeye gets smashed and also apparently bitten and comes back with way more than a hangover.

Let it Be Me- Hey, you wanna read a one-shot about two characters you're probably not familiar with that's more or less a song fic of an old country song you may or may not have ever heard?

Well, that was kind of fun, although I feel like it didn't turn out quite as funny as I had hoped. I'm either not good at this game, or my stories just don't work well with this game. Was this just a clever and not so subtle way to promo some of my stories? Maybe. You decide!

Anyway! I'd love to see others do this on their own blogs! I'm sure some of you guys could do it better than I did! At any rate, even if you don't want to do it, I hope you gleaned some entertainment reading this.
July 24th, 2017 at 09:37pm