Kiss: The Greatest and Hottest band in the world

Kiss is one of the most iconic rock bands in the world, with the makeup, stage personifications and explosive stage effects, Kiss has taken the world by storm for the past 44 years, and they current lineup released a new compilation album called Kissworld on 2 June 2017. Over the past 44 years, there have been about 5 or 6 different lineups with Paul Stanley (Rhythm guitarist and lead vocalist) and Gene Simmons (Bass guitarist and occasional lead vocalist) remaining in the group since they broke up their previous group Wicked Lester in 1973, there have been 44 albums, 30 went gold, 14 platinum albums and 3 went multi-platinum there have been 100 million albums sold worldwide.

Kiss has had ten members in total, and they've played with previous or future members, depending on the decade, the original four that set bar high for future members were Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss, succeeding members include, Eric Carr (12 July 1950 - 24 November 1991), Vinnie Vincent, Mark St John (7 February 1956 - 5 April 2007), Bruce Kulick, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer, 5 of them come from New York, but Tommy comes from Portland, Oregon, Vinnie comes from Bridgeport, Connecticut, Mark St John came from Hollywood, California and Eric Singer comes from Cleveland, Ohio.

The Original four members of Kiss hit the music scene hard as the debut group for Casablanca Records in 1974, they started out playing in clubs before Casablanca Records signed them, their first album was entitled Kiss in February 1974 the debut album went Gold in the US and Canada, that set the bar high as the only debut album of only American group that has reached Gold, the succession of albums that followed through the 70s could only do better, in the first six years they released Hotter Than Hell (October 22, 1974, received Gold in the US), Dressed To Kill (March 19, 1975, received Gold in the US), Destroyer (March 15, 1976, received Multiplatinum in the US), Rock and Roll Over (November 11, 1976, received Platinum in the US), Love Gun (June 30, 1977, received Platinum in the US), Dynasty (May 23, 1979, received Platinum in the US and Multiplatinum in Canada), Unmasked (May 20 1980, received Gold in the US and Canada).

Peter Criss left in 1980 following the release of Unmasked, and was replaced by Eric Carr, and following the release of Creatures of the Night in 1982, Ace Frehley left and was replaced by Vinnie Vincent
July 28th, 2017 at 02:04pm