DaT Update #2 - SMH at Photobucket; Please Help with Alternatives

Okay. I hadn't really done anything with my Photobucket account recently, so I really didn't know what had happened. Not until I started working on the layouts for my recent drabbles. And it was working fine for a while there, so I didn't think much of anything.

Sure, I had seen the missing images around the Internet. Especially on this one message board I frequent. But it never really occurred to me to look into what was going on. I briefly thought of doing it, a few times, and that was it. All the direct links I had still worked, so it never seemed like a big enough deal to me.

Until this past Tuesday, that is. That is when Photobucket finally turned on me. And now I need a new site to get direct links from. So until then, I'll have to wait to post my next drabbles. I need to get this straightened out first, I feel.

I do have a few sites I'm looking at, though I'd love some second opinions. I've heard about Imgur, and that at least a few people here are using it. How's it working out?

And has anyone tried PostImage.org? It looks simple enough, and I think it was made for exactly what I want. I'm leaning towards this one, though I can't find much on it, so I'm still thinking on it.

(I have also looked at Flickr, but it doesn't look like you can post content that isn't your own. Which most of mine isn't, at least not when it comes to story banners.)

Does there happen to be any other suggestions? Maybe at least feedback on Imgur or PostImage? I need all the suggestions I can get.

In other news, some that is actually and properly drabble-related, I've gotten up to 'G,' and am now starting on 'H.' I should have these next five ready to post then, once I get the photo situation sorted. In the meantime, I'm taking the opportunity to polish them up. They sure need it…

~ S
July 29th, 2017 at 02:33am