Student Loans

Okay so let me just start by saying, Financial Aid Advisers suck. At least the ones for my local college do. So spring of 2016 was my first semester in college. I failed miserably and was told I could fix everything and be alright for fall semester if I just took two courses and passed them during the summer. I did that. I kicked those two classes ass. So fast forward to registering for fall semester and I was placed on academic suspension. Basically, I can't get financial aid until I take four classed that I figure out how to pay.

I have to call tomorrow because I'm finally ready to forgive this college long enough to take those four classes, get off suspension, and then transfer out of there. The stupid adviser was like, oh if you had just taken one more class, you wouldn't be on suspension. Like okay so why did you tell me I only needed to take two? It's cool though... Just MY future at stake.

Anyway, I now have to call the cashiers office and hope that I can somehow get a loan. Reading up on it though, I might not be eligible for a federal loan which means I'll need a private loan. I have no idea what the difference is. I just want to go back to school so I can have a future and have a career and my kids can learn that even if you start late, things work out. I'm just frustrated and want to cry. I don't know how to apply for scholarships. If I do figure it out, I want to start school next spring obviously since this semester is already starting and I just want to start stress free. I'm not working so I can't do installment plans and I just feel like college probably isn't going to happen for me now.

That entire entry probably makes no sense. Sorry guys, I'm just frustrate and needed to vent. Maybe things will be ok after I talk to the cashier's office tomorrow. Who knows.
August 2nd, 2017 at 02:42am