Cleaning House, Writing Fic, and Other Things!

Hello, all! How are you guys doing? I thought I would make a random blog entry today while I am putting off my chores, so allow me to ramble a bit about what's going on in my life (or the little slice of it I feel like sharing with you all at this time, that is) at the moment.

So, for the last week or so, Bear and I have been doing some MAJOR house-cleaning. Like going through the whole house, every room, top to bottom, just thoroughly cleaning every space and reorganizing all of our things. It needed to be done really badly. I don't want to get into the details of just how badly because as hard as it can be to shame me, I'm really ashamed of how bad our house had gotten. So, yeah! In fact, there's more I need to do today, but, as previously mentioned, I am putting it off for a bit.

But I'm really glad we're doing it, and I'm really pleased with the progress we've made. It feels unbelievably good to live in a house that is actually decent. Like, dust and hair are way down, and there isn't just like disorganization and disarray and just JUNK everywhere. I don't know why we didn't do this sooner. It's so much better for both of our mental health states, for sure!

I've also been doing a lot of writing when I can. I have two new Quantum Leap fics that I've started, and I'm still working on other WIPs that I have in that fandom as well as other fandoms. I desperately need to update my End of the World as We Know It series as well as my fic Hair of the Dog, but lately my muse has been entirely geared towards either QL fic or X-Files fic, so...yeah. Updates are slow on literally anything else! Also, I've just concluded that in the probably not too distant future QL is just gonna become the fandom I write and post the most for. It's pretty much taken over my brain when it comes to fic ideas and fic inspiration.

In other news, I really need to start job hunting like yesterday, but I'm kinda overwhelmed and a little confused at where to even begin. Ideally, I'd like a job that pertains to my degree (in Spanish) in some way, but at this time, I'm willing to take any kind of work I can get as long as I feel reasonably qualified and the pay and hours are both reasonable (I live way out in the country so I'm gonna have to commute anywhere I end up, so like I need pretty good pay/hour ratio or I'm gonna put all my paychecks back into gas and that no me gusta.) So, if anybody has any tips on like how to put together a good resume or whatever, please hit me up, haha!

Anyway! That's what's going on with me! What's up with you guys? Doing any major projects right now? Writing anything of interest? (Feel free to comment and tell me all about it!!) Any of you guys also on the job hunt at the moment? (The struggle is so real, man. Feel free to vent if you need to. XD)
August 3rd, 2017 at 10:26pm