Birth Control.

I had my son four months ago. I had previously been using an IUD and it came out last may and then by July, I was pregnant (so be warned if your IUD ever comes out ladies, definitely use other forms of protection!). Now after having my son, I was told that I would have to wait until next march before I could get another implant form of BC. I opted to use the pill because I figured, with how quickly I became pregnant with my son, I didn't want to risk having another child.

Flash forward two weeks in to my birth control pill usage and I had gained 10 pounds and was feeling extremely depressed. I knew it was the BC so I stopped taking it. I hate that feeling and now that I'm not using any type of pill or implant, I feel normal. Well, as normal as I can be. We've been safely using condoms like responsible people do so I'm not worried or anything but this brought up the conversation of male birth control with my husband.

He asked me why they didn't have a choice to get a form of BC and why it wasn't being made. I told him they did make a BC for males to take but they complained of headaches, bloating, nausea, weight gain, etc. etc. Basically, everything we women have to go through when we take BC. Now, my husband is a skinny guy. He cannot gain weight no matter how hard he tries so when I told him it was making guys gain weight, he really wanted to try it lol

Anyway, we've already discussed our options in case I were to ever get pregnant again (like an accidental pregnancy, not a planned one). Basically, I am pro-choice but I think that, from what I've read and heard about abortions, it would mentally scar me for life if I got one. The only way I would get one is if the fetus was life threatening to me. In other words, if it happens, I'll be a mother of three but that's it. I will have them tie my tubes or burn them off, whatever they want to do but I cannot have anymore after three. That is my limit.

I'm saving my third child for when my son and daughter are going into middle school so they know what it's like living with a baby. I don't want them getting lovesick and thinking about starting a family with their first girlfriend or boyfriend at the ripe age of 12.

I just think it's funny that men are such babies. Like I've used birth control off and on since I was ten (I started my period at nine and it was heavy af). I've dealt with the side effects since I was ten years old yet grown men couldn't handle it. Someone, please tell me why they think they are the dominant gender?
August 5th, 2017 at 09:13pm