Screwing Things Up

My radiator blew about a month and a half ago. Because I'm a cheap ass, I got my friend to replace it. I noticed when he was putting it in that a couple of the hoses didn't look attached but I didn't say anything because
A) I'm a pansy
and
B)I thought he knew.

He didn't. The hoses detached and my car overheated and blew a head gasket. So then I had no car. So I gather $1000 for a down payment, which is literally everything I have. I haven't been able to buy my own food or cigarettes for a month now. Silver lining, I've lost 12 pounds but I've gone up to nearly a pack a day. So I have this money and I find a car, a cute Dodge wagon with 80k miles and so much trunk space. I'm in love. I call DMV to make sure everything is good because I'm bipolar and therefore paranoid as shit.

Everything is not good.

My license is suspended from a speeding ticket I got two years ago that I hid away in the back of my mind and forgot about. It's a $1500 speeding ticket.

So I call the county office where I got the ticket and they say I can get $300 waived. It's not much but it's something. I went and gave them my $1000 today and filled the paperwork out to get that money waived.

And now I wait, with no car and unreliable friends and family and often no way to get to or from work.

If it wasn't for my boyfriend, I think I'd give up.
August 10th, 2017 at 06:59am