Update + Leaving...ish

Hi, everyone.

I'm probably not going to be active posting stories here anymore. I won't delete for the sake of ~preserving the archive or whatever, but I don't think I'm going to post anymore.

My reason for this is publishing. I've been sending stuff to publishers on the recommendation of a local writing coach who read about a chapter of my novella and said I should look into publishing it. We went back and forth about it--I thought the formatting was too weird for any publisher to accept, so that's why I'm doing indie publishers for the most part--but the truth is that I'd always intended to publish something, and I think it's time I made that leap.

I guess if any of them respond, I'll post an update on here? But it could take up to a year, so I'm not exactly holding my breath. I'm going to try to submit some poetry to some other small journals, but so far I've only published stuff twice and it was the exact same review so I don't have a lot have a lot of credibility in any publisher's eyes, but here's hope.

Anyway, if you want to friend me on facebook you can, just tell me who you are on here if it's not obvious.

Mibba has been instrumentally important to me as a writer--probably moreso than any other writing website--and I'm grateful for the years spent here with some of the kindest people I've met. But I think I'm ready for the next step, and for me that means branching out into the physical publishing world--and not self-publishing. Don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with self-publishing. But I want my stuff to get out there in a way that I couldn't do alone.

If this novella gets rejected by everyone, that's fine. I'll write more stuff, I'll keep trying. Because I know that I'm at least a decent writer, and you can only improve with practice, right? I'm just going to go full-on into this--try to immerse me in the offline writing world--and even if it takes years and years, I'm determined to be able to hold my own book--something I wrote that got accepted and subsequently published--in my hands.

I guess my only exception is 990--I don't intend on getting that published since it's a just-for-shits-and-giggles thing that I don't even expect to finish. So maybe I'll update that. Probably not.

Have a nice day, Mibba, and thank you.

Image
August 14th, 2017 at 11:38pm