Wattpad.

I used to spend 90% of my time online on Mibba -- browsing stories, posting my own works, editing chapters, or flipping through the blogs section. I even spent a short time as a Story Editor, knowing that it would be a way to give back to this little community. Mibba was my home online.

Wattpad was a site that I checked every once in a while, but wasn't majorly into.

I always planned on using it to post my original works (as I feel it's a better platform for these than Mibba), but I never thought it would ever feel as welcoming as Mibba. There were too many people; it wasn't easy to find like-minded authors, and it was even more difficult to find great, newly posted stories.

But now Wattpad has become for me what Mibba used to be. And so while I'm not leaving Mibba completely, I think it's time to admit that Wattpad's where my heart is.

I love that there's an app, because it makes reading and keeping up with friends easy, and now that I've spent more time over there I've discovered a great deal of authors I admire. Some of them have even become friends.

If any of my readers happen to be seeing this, and you already happen to be on Wattpad, I'd love for you to follow my work over there. Especially if you were ever a fan of my story Lost, as I am currently re-posting it as an original fiction.

Does anybody else use Wattpad? Do you prefer it over Mibba? What do you think are the pros and cons of either site?
August 18th, 2017 at 11:12am