Diary of a MFA Student: Time Management Sucks

Hey Strangers,

You guys would not even believe the craziness that is my life. Just when I think everything is finally calming down, it ramps right back up. Like right this moment, I cannot seem to get the hang of time management.

I work an 8 to 5 job, it takes me roughly 30 to 45 minutes to get to and from work, I am doing my 2nd semester of MFA - Creative Writing (which is legit 3 weeks between packets of 2 craft papers and at least 10 - 15 pages of original work), and I'm trying to help take care of my aging grandparents while dealing with my own medical issues.

Life is hard. Who knew? But I'm actually not complaining. I love my job, there's something new happening every day; I love school, it's giving me reasons to write and read every day; and of course my family, even with the epic arguments, is the absolute best.

But seriously, reading two books in basically a week and a half is no picnic. I'm reading We need to talk about Kevin, which for those of you on the fence is epic if you have a bit of a darker streak, now; and next I'm reading a good friend's book Dancing on the Rocks. I can't wait to read about her version of North Carolina.

This honestly is to say, I miss you guys; I haven't forgotten you; and I'm going to be back with a stronger writing style than ever. I'm excited.

XOXO - Nikki
August 18th, 2017 at 09:46pm