Work Stress

Hello everyone!

How are you doing? Well, I hope.

I haven't completely disappeared from mibba. In fact, I still do come here daily just to check on things. I just don't feel like posting much because what's the point? Nobody cares anyway. I guess I'm still here because this place is so nostalgic to me. Heh.

Anyway! Ever since I got confirmed as the permanent staff like two months ago, work had been super crazy. I was given a few projects and also I needed to perform my daily sustaining tasks as well. Process engineer is a tedious position. ::facepalm:

At my work place, they have this thing called flexi-hour which means, you are flexible to come to work at any time in the day, as long as you fulfill the minimum 8 hours per day requirement. That being said, however, we have core hours which mean from 9am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm, you must be easily accessable. Though the official office hour is the typical 8am to 5.15pm.

However, since the past month I've been working over those 8 hours a day. I will arrive at the office by 7.15am and I will leave the office at the very earliest, 6.30pm. More often than not I would leave after 7pm.

And we as engineers don't get paid overtime for the extra hours on the job. ::facepalm:

Since I'm very new with the position, I'm still juggling and struggling to find the balance and it's very hard. I've cried several times. And I'd had mental breakdown in the office restroom cubicle, bawling and crying.

Even right now my heart is beating really fast and my chest hurts and I can't really breathe properly. I want to take a rest go to sleep but when I try to close my eyes I would start thinking about the workload pending and also future line issues because the production runs 24/7 so there will always be new issues.

I think I'm just gonna crumble.

xxLina
August 23rd, 2017 at 03:08pm