"Here's Your Award for Never Having Watched Game of Thrones."

Sorry for the long title, but I’ve absolutely had it with all these people expecting an award for never having seen Game of Thrones. Let me clarify that I am not against people who’ve never watched Game of Thrones, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I am not here to shame anyone who’s never seen Game of Thrones, nor am I forcing anyone to watch Game of Thrones. However, people who take pride in the fact that they’ve never seen a single Game of Thrones episode, taking a ‘Hipster’ stance when it comes to the popular series, annoy me.

I’ve been loving this last season, and I cannot wait for the final season to air in 2018. I’m one of the lucky few who’s only seen one of her favorite characters die, thus far. All my favorites are still on the chess board and I am excited to see the story unfold during its last chapter. When I see something on Facebook and I want to share it with my friends who also watch Game of Thrones, I always get at least one or two of the following comments: “I don’t watch Game of thrones. I watch *insert series here*,” as if I should drop watching Game of Thrones and start watching whichever series they mentioned. Or, I simply get the straight forward “I’ve never seen a single episode of Game of Thrones,” which still strikes me as an odd comment on a Game of Thrones item.

Sorry, what is it you want? Do you want an award? Do you want to be praised for having never seen Game of Thrones? Applause? Standing ovation? A book written about your heroic endeavors against the popular giant Game of Thrones? Do you want me to start convincing you to watch Game of Thrones, all so you can fight me on it and come out the unscathed victor? You’re not scoring cool points. There’s no such thing as cool point, anyway. You’re not edgy for not watching Game of Thrones.

Yes, Game of Thrones is an extremely popular series, and sometimes it doesn’t live up to hype. I love it, regardless. I’m not forcing others to watch it, or to love it. I am not shoving it down anyone’s throat because I’ve had series shoved down my throat and it is a horrible thing to experience. I just… I don’t get why some people feel the need to shout that they’ve never seen a single episode of Game of Thrones from the rooftops.

Thank you for reading this. I just stumbled upon one of those anti-Game of Thrones post on my Facebook. The comment reading “While everyone’s watching Game of Thrones, I am sitting here waiting for Vikings.” I love Vikings too, but I don’t understand the need to post such comments, or to comment on Game of Thrones video’s, pictures, comments that you’ve never seen an episode of Game of Thrones, and never will watch and episode of Game of Thrones.
August 29th, 2017 at 02:18pm