It's Been a Hot Minute

Hey whoa hey! What the hell is a Mibba? By the looks of it, I sure don't know.

I'm poppin' in for a second to say some stuff. (I guess that's pretty obvious, that's what blogs are for.) For starters, I gotta come clean: I haven't written jack SHIT since my fall 2015 semester. I've outlined shit and started a story that I never posted, and then since then I haven't actually sat down and written anything. :)))

But hey! I guess there's gotta be good news! Good news is that...I'm working on a short film! Last fall I started the Character Animation program at UCF and boy fuckin' howdy the rest is history. I'm working with thirteen other fantastic human beans on a film called Ukelayla that's gonna come out in spring 2018. I'm finding stuff I'm sort of good at and god I'm just so glad I'm somewhere I'm meant to be.

I guess it's weird to not have written jack shit in two years. It used to be such an escape. I used to look forward to that shit, to have something to edit and proofread and visualize. I'm finding other ways to do it now, though. I'm becoming more of a visual person, which makes a lot more sense. I want to make comics based on the stories I have up here. Think of that as a loose guarantee, I guess. SOMEDAY. That means I'm gonna have to gut them all and make them not awful.

Speaking of awful, I'm gutting the everloving shit out of the Renny Boy series in preparation for a visual representation. Went through today and completely rewrote the outline for Brendan Dude because that one was always closest to me yet the way it is now, it's just terrible on so many levels.

And I'm getting too excited! Anyone remember when I talked about making Who Knows, Who Cares into a comic?! Probably nobody but hey I talked about it in one of these blog thingies! All the sketches are done but it's like 400 fucking pages and I completely rehauled the style 80 pages into coloring it and now I'm redoing it all just because I wasn't happy with it. And that's okay! Someday I'll get it done and I'll make sure to tell y'all about it. And someday I'll make a comic based on the Renny Boy series and hopefully it'll have a different title because I honestly hate that fucking title nowadays! I've hated it since I was like fifteen but what can ya do?! Ten years after writing it, things are bound to change. I hold the characters so close to my heart but god is it riddled with problems. It's a story I want to tell so badly, though. OOOOOH the turmoil!

I'm rambling at this point. I'm pretty sure I've been rambling through this whole blog but you know what, I haven't done that in a while, and I especially haven't done that on Mibba. I miss this website. I'm not gonna sit here and be like, "Oh I miss the ~old~ Mibba," and all that jazz, just because I kinda dropped this site on my own volition. I wasn't writing anything and I didn't have anything to offer among the countless better works on this wonderful website. I really loved this place and I still do. I can't stress how important it was to me as a teenager, writing silly stories for nobody but herself, finding other people who were incredibly creative and inspiring. It was such a good place to grow and learn how to be a storyteller and it's one reason why I'm in animation school now.

I guess I should get down to the nitty gritty here. I'm probably gonna delete a lot of stories real soon. I'm gonna screencap the comments as a weird way of encouragement and keep some constructive criticism in mind, and then poof! They're gone. I'm gonna leave a few up - some stories I don't have any intention to do anything with. But everything else is coming down.

Here's a list of what I'm gonna yank, I guess:
- Bus (thinkin' about trying to get it published....but that means I have to comb through it and edit a LOT, but I'm up for it)
- Renny Boy, Soria Girl, Brendan Dude, Lukey Kid and all related spinoffs/oneshots (probably gonna make 'em into webcomics at some point)
- Who Knows, Who Cares (definitely gonna become a webcomic; it's already underway)
- A List of Best Intentions (love it too much, probably gonna make it a comic)
- Generation Why Bother, Earth to Me and all related spinoffs/oneshots (HEAVY HEAVY editing....and then might become a webcomic. Do you see a trend here?)
- Spin (I often forget that this was a thing. I'm taking it down anyway since rewrites have been on the table for as long as I've been an adult lmfao)

If anything ever comes of these plans, I will absolutely post something here. Anyone who actually liked those stories deserves something out of this and I hope to give back in a weird way, I guess? I don't know. I'm never gonna delete my account but I just want to cover all my bases in case something grand happens.

Love ya, Mibba. Always have and always will! ;*
September 14th, 2017 at 07:42am