Once a Day Blog 10: Killing Off Your Main Character and Any Recommendations for Blog Ideas?

Introduction:

I'm going to try and write a once a day blog for maybe 100 days or somewhere around there. If anyone has any requests on topics they'd like me to discuss feel free to send me a message or comment on this blog. There are no limitations; Politics excluded because I do not have keen knowledge of this topic.

Promotions:

Also, if any of you are interested in anime/manga, please check out Indigo Ignited. It's the world's first american made anime. It started as a small manga project between friends but the studios in japan liked it and it is being developed into a real anime. From my understanding it is set to premiere in Japan and America sometime in 2017.

www.indigoignited.com

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=Q3p-5gTtXnA[/youtube]

The Actual Blog:

I was writing one of my stories last night and my character was in a grim life or death situation. He knew he was and he gave a short description on what his role was in the story and why he was no longer relevant. He stated that his relevance in the story could be passed down from him to the other characters; that the symbolism of his character has already influenced all of the other characters and that as long as the other characters continued to live in the positive messaged he taught them, he will live on forever.

So basically I'm curious to know, How do you guys feel about killing off the main character of the story?

Have any of you ever thought of doing it before but still keeping the story going?

And do you think that it's possible for the main character to have a bigger impact on the story itself if they are killed off at a certain point not only have a deeper understanding of who the character was and represented but to understand how they affected everyone around them? Perhaps maybe this can be a life lesson in itself?
September 21st, 2017 at 09:54pm