Monster Mash 2017 + Upcoming Story

Current Jam: this and this at the same time.

Okay, so today has been an interesting day. It's the first day I've had off in over a week, and I think that kind of hit me because I slept until ten thirty this morning. I woke up in the worst pain I've been in in probably over a year. I somehow managed to pinch a nerve somewhere between my shoulder and my neck, and it's hurt to even turn my head or lift myself up off the bed all day.

Because I was in bed most of the day, I spent a lot of time roaming around some of the older pages of Mibba and remembered quite fondly that back about eight years ago or so, there was a user who put on a contest called the Monster Mash every single year. She didn't miss a year for like, four years I think. Anyway, it was always one of my favorite annual contests that went on here, and I entered every single year that she put it on before it stopped showing up.

I thought that this year, since Mibba is starting to get a little bit more active and such, and it also happens to be my favorite time of the year, I might as well revive that idea and bring back the contest I loved so much back then. And so I did. Here's a link if you guys want to check it out!

The Monster Mash 2017

That being said, I also spent a great majority of my day reading through my old Harry Potter fanfiction, as well as some old stories that I really used to enjoy, and it inspired me to start coming up with a story idea surrounding the Harry Potter fandom. I'm not sure exactly what it'll be just yet, but I'm about 90% sure it'll be about a young Severus Snape.

I also wrote a new Supernatural piece today for a contest that I'm entered in. It's actually the first Supernatural fic that I've ever written so I'm kind of nervous to put it out there, but I'm very proud of it. I feel like it might be one of my favorite short pieces that I've written. When I get it posted in a day or so, I'll maybe make a blog and link to it in there.

I don't really think there's much else to say in this blog, and I kind of want to go play a board game with my boyfriend, so I'll talk to you all later!
September 29th, 2017 at 04:31am