Writing Cup Group C Recc Blog!

Image


So, I've been reading some of my teammates' work over the past couple of nights and though I've forgotten to comment on some of the stories (I promise I'll go back and comment!) I'm super excited to be on a team with such amazing writers! I thought I'd go ahead and make out a recc blog to showcase some of their lovely work!

She Said Poptarts
Though Calli hasn't written anything in the past couple of months, she's always been a brilliant writer on this site. Here are some of my favorite pieces that she's written in the past year or two.
Annoyed The Ice Until It Melted || Draco Malfoy Fanfiction
I absolutely fell in love with Maddy while reading the first couple chapters of this story. Her little quips are funny as hell, and honestly who wouldn't like to get some kind of rise out of Draco? I'm only on chapter three so far, but I can't wait to see what else is in store for the two of them!

The Home || Original Fiction
I just began reading this original fiction last night, and I'm definitely excited to keep going and keep finding out the occupants' secrets and lives! This isn't just the typical story; even just a few paragraphs in, you'll find yourself hooked!

Spooky Kim Taehyung
Cracked Souls ||Original Fiction
This short piece is stunning. There are some warnings on the summary page, but if the content warnings don't bother you and you do decide to read this, it's definitely the kind of story that will put a shiver down your spine.

Folie a Deux ||Fanfiction
I read this first last month, and I read it again and I was just as blown away. This author has a way of enchanting her readers with the webs she weaves in her stories, and I'm anxiously awaiting the third chapter of this story about a sex therapist and his patient, Alma.

artemis.
Gloom || Original Fiction
At just 370 words, this short piece will take your breath away with the emotions that come through in it. I don't want to give too many details away in case you haven't read it, but it is absolutely phenomenal and I would 10/10 recommend checking it out.

Rage and Ruin || Matthew Sanders Fanfiction
This story promises a lot of drama and heart-racing action in its first chapter in this Avenged Sevenfold fanfiction centered around Matt Sanders. artemis. has a wonderful way of describing the surroundings of the characters' world and all the secondary characters in it so far. I can't wait to read more!

WhereMyDemonsHide
Hospice || Original Fiction
With only two chapters on this original fiction so far, I'm absolutely waiting for the third part. The main character, Silvia, faces a terminal illness while her caretaker, Jay, has already fallen in love with her.

Letters From North || Original Fiction
This story almost reminds me of an adult version of the Goosebumps books so far, which is definitely a good thing. I cannot wait to see more of where this is going!

Bangarang!
Medusa || Original Fiction
If you like Greek mythology, this story explaining Medusa and her tragic backstory is definitely something you'll want to check out. I was captivated from start to finish.

Queens and Princes of the Seas
Sea-themed stories are often some of my favorites because I love the ocean, and this story is no exception to that. With only two chapters, I'm eagerly anticipating what's going to happen next!
October 5th, 2017 at 02:11am