The Death of Kayla VI

Just to start this off, I'm gonna link this little journal right here from 2013: Introducing Kayla VI

I've been carrying the same pen name for four years, which is insane in my eyes. All across my writing sites, I used the pen name Kayla VI to sign my works, my journals, everything, and now I've finally decided, now that I'm 19 and not a kid anymore, that I'm finally dropping the "six" part of my name.

See, if you read the journal linked above, I started out with the pen name "Kayla Sixx." At the time, I was a huge, huge fan of Black Veil Brides, during the era when Andy Biersack was still also using the name "Six." Over time, I decided to change up the "six" part of my pen name and covert it into roman numerals because one, my last initial starts with a "V" and I wanted to keep my former name in some sort of way. It was weird how I had that concept in my young brain, but it was a weird time for me.

So, on all the writing sites, I've dropped the "I" in my pen name and just decided that I'm going to keep my last initial. I would use my real last name, but I've decided that I don't want to exactly due that as I don't like people tracing my writing back to my name; maybe if I publish something one day though you guys will see the name that I gained from my father. I'll give you a hint though; I share the same last name as a famous American actor, who is up in age, and used to have a show called the " The Dick Van[null] Show." Very famous; not a last name that's hard to miss.

Just to bring it up, the only place I'm still going to be using the "VI" is a tag that I have on tumblr about my life and stuff because I've always used that tag as "The Mind of Kayla VI" I prefer to keep all my posts together that way and maybe pay some homage to the name that I'm now dropping.

So, I thought I'd just let all you guys know since I've got changes going on in my life currently and it's great.

Thank you all for reading.

Kayla V
October 6th, 2017 at 02:36am