Destroying Your Personal Property? Should I Let it Go?

So I decided to rant because I haven't been able to fully get out how I've been feeling about this situation, I've had people telling me to move on and forgive or else I'm just gonna keep hurting myself in the end, but I can't forgive after everything I was put through by this person, and recently this person I called my "best friend" screwed with me in the worst way possible by destroying my property and acting like it wasn't a big deal.

Me and my now former friend had went to a concert together last month and I had a pair of beautiful biker boots that my old friends father bought for me as a Christmas gift, he was so sweet to buy them for me, they weren't cheap either, I was so grateful and happy to have these boots because I've always wanted a pair of biker boots, so when I finally had my own pair I was so happy, almost in tears.

I had those boots for almost 9 months. Than I did something I now regret terribly. I loaned them to my former friend so she could wear them to the concert we attended, it pulled her outfit together really nicely and as a good friend I told her she could wear my boots cos they looked great on her. Well the concert was over and she took the boots off and I told her to keep them overnight cos I didn't want her to go home barefoot and I had on other shoes so I told her she could keep them with her until she could bring them back. It's now been a month since the concert and I've yet to get them back, come to find out I'll never be getting them back.

Her and I haven't been on the best of terms for the last couple of weeks, and I figured our friendship was dying out and I mean there's nothing you can really do about it, if it's not meant to be it's not gonna be, so I thought to myself that I would kindly ask her to bring my boots back, or else I would most likely never see them again cos she'd just try to keep 'em for herself. Well I kindly messaged her and I told her on her own time if she could bring them back, I would appreciate it. But she didn't appreciate that I messaged her asking for them back apparently.. She starts giving me an attitude, and starts being a smart ass talking about how I threw something of hers away so why should she give me my boots back?

~

A year ago she left a pair of her joggers at my house, and I threw them in the trash out of anger. Hypocrite you may say? Well let's think for a second.
We were best friends for 4 years, in those 4 years I've done so much for her. When I threw away her pants I apologized and made up for it, I replaced them with so much better things, I've spent hundreds of dollars on her since than, bought her clothes, gifts, food, etc.. You name it, and she never thanked me for it, never told me she appreciated everything I've done for her, and if all those things aren't enough to replace the joggers than there's an issue. I never once told her she had to pay me back for any of the things I've gotten her because it was my choice, as her best friend her needs were more important than my own.

I found out she threw my biker boots into the muddy lake behind her house. Apparently she was chasing her dog and had the boots on (Their not water resistant, and definitely not mud resistant).. Her dumbass decided to take the boots in the muddy, murky water, and she got stuck, she took the boots off... And left them in the lake! She didn't take them out, she left MY boots in the lake, now destroyed with mud and dirt and water, and she didn't attempt to even try taking them out, she left them in there and laughed about it, but than got mad at me when me and 4 of my other friends called her out on it.

Would you get over that? Would you let it go? I mean I will move on from it, but it truly upset me to know that someone who was supposed to be my best friend would destroy my valuables, something I'll never be able to get again most likely. And won't even replace them. I could be taking it to far, but destroying someone else's property is just wrong.

layout credit: raja sahara
October 9th, 2017 at 04:25pm