Anyone Wanna Help a Struggling College Student?

Hey guys, long time no see! I’ve been lurking a lot, but I haven’t been hardly active at all. In August I started college, and I also started working full time so 15 credit hours plus work is not healthy for my free time. I have been writing recently, though, which is a good thing! I’m fairly certain I’m gonna do NaNoWriMo in November, and I really want to draft this novel.

In case you guys haven’t seen it, I’ve already posted some of the first chapter (separated into parts, of course, for the convenience of the internet) of The Land of Infinite Whispers! It’s a fantasy novel about a girl named Mirabelle who can hear the land whispering to her in the wake of a mysterious, destructive force sweeping across the Earth. I really like it and I think it’s the most professional thing I’ve ever written, so I’m trying to continue it. I spent the last week editing the first fifteen pages and I want to spend next week finishing up and polishing the first chapter.

My question is this—does anyone want go over the first chapter with me and give me feedback (as I won't be posting any updates/more of this story to the site)? What I have posted on Mibba is a first draft so a lot will be different in my final edits. I’d really appreciate it if anyone would like to step forward and tell me how I did at setting up the story. I hope to query this to literary agents once I’m done in however many months/years it takes me to finish writing this book.

Thanks guys!

EDIT:

Cover, because I really like it. The background painting is credited to Brent Cotton at Cotton Fine Arts

Image
October 12th, 2017 at 05:15am