Instant Karma is the Best Karma

Hello, lovelies! I decided to go with the crowd and start posting a "current jam" for awhile, maybe see how it sticks. Right now, I'm listening to Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift. It's such a lovely song, and so emotional to me. I really can't get enough of it.

Anyway, on to the blog part of this blog. So yesterday when I was at work, when I first got there my boss told me that the only person who's an extended stay on my floor complains literally nightly about me to the front desk agent. I was kind of confused because I go above and beyond for all of my guests, but especially the extended stays because y'know, they're away from home for long stretches of times - sometimes 1/4 of the year or more, and it's nice to have those friendly little touches added to your day. I leave her little mints, and I get bags of goodies and gift cards from our sales rep to leave in her room at least twice a week - she's a nurse and works mostly nights, so I like to try to give her things that'll make her feel appreciated after finishing up her shift.

But this lady is bat. Shit. Crazy.

First off, let me start by saying that she not only transferred to our hotel from another hotel in our hospitality group, but had exactly the same issues that she's having with me. She claims that I haven't changed her sheets in the four weeks that she's been with us, that her floor has never been vacuumed, that I've never touched her shower or toilet, and that the only difference she ever sees when she goes into her room when she gets back is fresh towels, her trash gets taken out, and a "sloppily thrown together bed."

I was having none of her bullshit yesterday. I told my boss she's a liar and requested that when I finished cleaning her room, she come up to personally inspect it - not only her, but I wanted my general manger, regional manager (he got called to the hotel specifically because of this issue) and his boss who's pretty much the top of the chain except the owner.

So I go up to her room and I change her sheets - not because they're dirty, but because I want to make damn sure she can't say that I didn't do it. I clean her shower for the same reason, and literally the only other I do differently in her room is vacuum the floor where she had spilled a bunch of potato chips. In the center of the floor. And stepped on them.

Image


Anyway, so once I finish her room, I send the message down to the front desk to have the bosses come up to inspect the room. None of them could find anything wrong with the room. At all. And they looked, Mibba. They checked for dust, they slid their fingers along the floor to see if it was mopped, they checked the carpet, and they checked the sheets.

Nothing was wrong in the room at all.

So when she called down to the desk about an hour and a half after I had finished cleaning and was just getting ready to check out, my boss asked me to wait. They had her on the phone, with all the bosses. She was being all kinds of beligerent, saying that once again, her room hadn't been cleaned, vacuumed, and that her sheets were disgusting. So the bosses take me with them up to her room - which, in the span of an hour and a half since I had cleaned it, had completely trashed it.

I'm talking, this lady took more chips and crunched them into the carpet. She splattered some...liquid? I'm not sure what it was, to be honest, but something orange on the tile floor, and the best part?

She had torn her bed apart and made them all sorts of dirty.

The bosses were not amused with her because she started getting really petty and insolent - she was insulting me, calling me a drug addict and telling them that I was a thief (I've never been a thief, nor a drug addict) and insisting that they give her another discount on top of the one she's already getting for a leaky roof. She chose to stay in the room with the leaky roof even when we offered her another one, but we gave her the discount anyway just because we wanted to be nice. The room she's in, a suite with a separate bedroom and a huge bathroom along with two seated windows, is normally an average of $300 a night. She was paying $139 a night. She wanted us to start giving it to her for $80 for the duration of her stay, which is another two months.

Steve, my boss's boss, basically told her to screw off. He showed her pictures with time stamps of the room I had just cleaned, called her a liar and a troublemaker, told her that if she wanted to continue staying with our hotel, she'd start paying the $300 a night rate, or she'd get the hell out.

She then called him a bunch of names, to which he responded by evicting her. She's got til Friday to move out.

I can't even tell you guys how it feels to watch instnat karma happening. This woman was so rude and so hostile. Like, there's literally no reason to lie like that. At all. Ever. It's not fair, and it could have cost me my job if my bosses didn't know me the way that they do. I understand being unhappy with one or two aspects of our housekeeping at the hotel (we're a green hotel, so we don't give weekend service unless it's specifically requested, and we only change sheets every five days, and we only ever replace the towels that are on the floor, not the ones hanging up.) But still, that's no reason to lie and totally trash your room.
October 13th, 2017 at 04:55am