You Would Be Missed

So I had a bit of a shit day at work and towards the end of the night, for a second, I started thinking about my friend that passed away in May. That of course didn't really lift any of my spirits up, but it did inspire me to write this blog.

Fair warning I do talk about depression and suicide below, so if that's a trigger for you please don't continue, just know that you are loved and if anything happened to you you really would be missed.

When she was alive she struggled a lot with depression and feeling suicidal. There were many nights when I'd be talking with her and she was so deeply depressed she'd start talking about how she was just so tired of life and everything that was revolving around hers.

There were a few different times she spoke of killing herself and every time I would beg her not to, I'd try very hard to convince that I would miss her. Her go to answer was always that I'd move on.

I'd like to clarify that she didn't kill herself, that wasn't how she died, but I do still miss her. I miss her every single day and it's been five months.

What I'd like to say though, something a lot of us probably know, is that depression and thoughts of suicide are very tough, not only for the person going through it but also the people around them. There were many times when I couldn't answer her call because I had to take care of my own mental state because that's important too.

But if you're having some of these dark thoughts, I implore you to seek help, to talk to someone. It's been said many many times, but you are not alone. And you would be missed.

For all my Mibba friends and those that need it, I'm giving you all a virtual hug.
October 14th, 2017 at 05:11am